DVD-A & SACD Lookout List!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SACD User,
Thanks for the heads-up. Amazon.de is a bit higher than I'd like to pay given that the total cost would be close to $30 for Chicago II but if all else fails....

The America and Chicago DVD-As are both available from Caiman in the US via Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk. For some reason Caiman seem to be charging over twice as much for the Chicago disc if you use the Amazon.com site rather than the UK site (excluding postage). Kinda weird!

:confused:

You might look at the danish site www.axelmusic.com which is internationaly organized shipping DVD-As out of Germany. Warner DVD-As are produced in Germany but as far as I can tell identical to US ones. Axelmusic do normally not stock DVD-As themselves and can be slow. Prices for Chicago II and America are 22$ and 20$ shipped. You can look up prices in $.
amazon.co.uk list prices in £

I can't speak to axelmusic as I got Chicago II from ebay. Still, I wanted to thank folks for their suggestions even if I didn't act on them.

Chicago II from axelmusic? I checked and it says out of stock. They don't even have Chicago V.

The business idea of Axelmusic is to sell R1 DVDs to Europeans which is not legally allowed in physical shops. Along with DVDs they also sell SACDs and DVD-As. The prices may be most attractive to Europeans as EU tax is included.
I have bought most of my DVD-As at Axelmusic.com and normally the DVD-As are marked "not in stock but available". Axelmusic do normally not stock DVD-As themselves. If delivery is very slow you can cancel your order before you are charged.

Is anyone looking for a copy of the Chicago II DVD-A?

There is a copy at one of the local record stores, and I think this is one of the disks that is hard to find.

This one is also easy to find here. Most Best Buys have at least two copies but, as mentioned in my previous post, the prices are high.
Chicago II is actually cheap up here (compared to most DVD-A's) at $25.99CDN.

Having said that, if anyone needs a copy at that price let me know.

I checked a few places today looking for the Fagens, and didn't see the Kamakiriad, only a few Nightfly Test Market DualDiscs at a Music for a Song.

Jon,

As a lifelong Dan fan, I'd like to have one of those DF DD's.
And yes, I am willing to pay full price + shipping (+ hearty thank you).

Jon,

As a lifelong Dan fan, I'd like to have one of those DF DD's.
And yes, I am willing to pay full price + shipping (+ hearty thank you).

Best get it mail order, as I won't be heading down to Westbrook for some time. Sorry, but it's not in my line of travel.

America's Homecoming DVD-A is now listed on E-Bay for anyone that is interested. This one is becoming very elusive I believe. IMHO it is one of the best. Billy Joel's The Stranger is also listed. Hope this info helps someone (and no I am not the seller ;) )

Any body know where I can get a copy of Rumor and sigh teh Richard Thompson DVDA, just about everywhere on line which has had it no longer has, and those who say they have it have not come through with the goods.

Any body know where I can get a copy of Rumor and sigh teh Richard Thompson DVDA, just about everywhere on line which has had it no longer has, and those who say they have it have not come through with the goods.

This is one I'd been having trouble finding myself. I got lucky a few days ago and found this at a used cd store.

If I run across this somewhere else, I'll be sure to post it here.

Based on other posts I see, I'm not the only one having a hard time finding Chicago II!

I can get it from the UK for $26.74 plus conversion costs -- BUT, will that even work in my player?

This site is awesome, by the way! After walking into Best Buy yesterday and having them have NO IDEA what DVD-A or SACDs even were...it's good to see people that are passionate about great sound.

Best,
EW

Back