HiRez Poll Depeche Mode - SOME GREAT REWARD [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Depeche Mode - SOME GREAT REWARD

• 6:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Bad Fidelity, Bad Mix, Bad Content

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this SACD release. Also, if you don't mind, please let us know where you bought it from, and what price you paid. THANKS

(y) :phones (n)

R-1001454-1203199194.jpeg.jpg

R-1001454-1203199222.jpeg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I only have the DTS-CD, not the SACD, so am reluctantly voting a 9.
Mixes are superb, the additional material is also superb.
Like the last 3, these are "must-buy" items.
If ONLY they were on DVD-A instead of SACD - or even as well as......

this is my first vote so i was reluctant to start with a 10 but did so nevertheless.
i dont have to stress what great value for money all the DM reissues offer.
this one is even better with live tracks in dts 24/96 in addition to the b-sides and documentary
i own the sacd-version and think that this is maybe the best sounding of the reissues so far if u take into account that the recordings are 22 years old
i remember how long i had to save my pocket money back in the days to buy this on vinyl
some great hits, some hidden gems ("stories of old"), some unique sound and so...
some great reward!

Bear in mind that the live tracks are in FAKE surround - they have not been remixed.

The album proper is a very nice 5.1 mix though; opening track "Something To Do" makes even more sense aurally now, with the track slowly building itself into chaos, one channel at a time :)

Gotta give this one a “10”. Another of the DP discs I’ve purchased only to find it was the wrong region and had to rip it and burn it on another disc. I still can’t figure out anyway to differentiate these by the markings on the package, but it’s not that big a deal I guess.

In any case the sound and mix of these are great and this is a solid album all the way through. One of those albums I had forgotten how good it was. And what a good band they really are. Love this one!

I've been revisiting the Depeche Mode SACDs recently and really enjoyed hearing this one again. This is where I came in with DM so I know the album well. It's an excellent, non-revisionist mix with plenty of discreet stuff going on. Great tunes and excellent sound quality so a 10 from me!

Back