HiRez Poll Beatles - LOVE [DVD-A]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A of The Beatles - LOVE (Soundtrack)

• Total voters
The BDP-S370 will play DVDs and decode the DTS and Dolby Digital streams, but it won't recognize the lossless MLP stream. So technically, it does not play DVD-A.

Yes and the S370 is an older model. May as well go 4k. The UBP-X800 plays everything under the sun. Just like OPPO but cheaper. No analog out though.

Yes and the S370 is an older model. May as well go 4k. The UBP-X800 plays everything under the sun. Just like OPPO but cheaper. No analog out though.

I've had my Sony UBP X~800 for a month now and it works pretty flawlessly although I haven't put it into my main system to REALLY assess its audio capabilities. For $300 [plus 2 free UHD 4K movies] it's a great buy but my game plan down the road is to buy the Oppo UHD 205 for my main system as I'm sure that unit will sonically exceed the capabilities of the SONY...as it should for the major price differential.

The SONY does play DVD~A, however and it does represent a great deal in today's market. Plays 3D and 4K like a champ!

Such a strong, clear 10 for the Bagginses...

I love that people can have such wildly different perspectives! Must have something to do with expectations, preferences, nostalgia and the like.

2 people voted 3 for this! And Kap! You voted 5! Wow! To each their own. This release is doing fine, with approximately 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 10 votes.

Anyway, peace out, QQ! See ya on the flippity floppity! :banana:

I can't believe I never voted on this one. A big 10 all the way!

Ironically, I just questioned Jon why this is NOT NUMBER ONE in the polls with 255 votes cast with 157 10's and 58 9's??????????? Not to mention it was available at under $15 for the MLP DVD~A 5.1/RBCD set. WAY more votes than the #1 DSOTM BD~A 4.0 which was ONLY available in the pricey DSOTM box set.

A TRAVESTY, IMO! SHOW SOME LOVE!!!!!!!!!!:dance

Last edited:
Call me a glutton, but, today, I just received my third copy of LOVE [RBCD/MLP DVD~A 5.1] in spankin' BRAND NEW pristine condition from AmazonUS for $13.29 and will store it away for 'safekeeping.'

After all, TENS of this caliber don't come along everyday!:QQlove

I don't listen to this one much- I agree the surround is good, but the whole mash-up concept just doesn't do it for me.

Can anyone give me a list of which songs are fully complete? I'm thinking of doing a Beatles 5.1 car disc. I just checked it out on the PC and so far I have:
  • "I Am The Walrus"
  • "Revolution"
  • "Back In The USSR" (is this the final take? I'm hearing some weird stuff in the center channel I don't remember)
  • "A Day In The Life"
  • "Here Comes The Sun" (chop off intro and outro)
  • "Eleanor Rigby" (chop off outro)
  • "Something" (chop off outro)
I'm sure I'm missing a few...

I don't listen to this one much- I agree the surround is good, but the whole mash-up concept just doesn't do it for me.

Can anyone give me a list of which songs are fully complete? I'm thinking of doing a Beatles 5.1 car disc. I just checked it out on the PC and so far I have:
  • "I Am The Walrus"
  • "Revolution"
  • "Back In The USSR" (is this the final take? I'm hearing some weird stuff in the center channel I don't remember)
  • "A Day In The Life"

How do I put this succinctly without sounding like an overzealous school marm.

If I were you, sjcorne, I'd transfer LOVE, as is, for playback in your car, as VERY DOUBTFUL, you'll ever achieve this level of sound [IMO, smooth as butter] and high level of separation from ANY future Beatles' 5.1 remasters.

Despite that the naysayers allude to the fact that Sir George Martin was 'deaf' when LOVE was remixed. his steady imprint is highly evident on each and every cut and who knew the Beatles' master tapes better than Sir George and recording engineer Geoff Emerick?

I wish there were more [as you say] 'mishmashes' like LOVE from The Stones, Queen, Led Zep et alia because if they were of this caliber.....I'd buy them ALL.

If you can just accept the fact that LOVE was an original cast recording for a Vegas show, I think you will finally realize that this 81 minute 'mishmash' was Sir George Martin's final swan song of LOVE to a group he will be forever be synonymous with.

And I'm certain your car will agree, as well.

happy-car.png

A MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR......GOLLY!:ROFLMAO:is that a FAB FOUR door sedan you're driving, Sjcorne?

Last edited:

• "I Am The Walrus"
  • "Revolution"
  • "A Day In The Life"
Come Together.

This is just my opinion, but...

LOVE set the standard for the Beatles in surround.

I've got Imagine on pre-order and was about to do same with the White Album. But after recalling the blasé Sgt. Pepper mix, I'm now wondering if I should just wait on both. I mean this stuff ain't cheap. And if it's not much better than running a 2-ch stereo version through DPL-II, what's the point!!?

Last edited:
This is just my opinion, but...

LOVE set the standard for the Beatles in surround.

I've got Imagine on pre-order and was about to do same with the White Album. But after recalling the blasé Sgt. Pepper mix, I'm now wonder if I should just wait on both. I'm mean this stuff ain't cheap. And if it's not much better than running a 2-ch stereo version through DPL-II, what's the point!!?

I totally agree with your first statement. And I still cannot believe that Giles Martin is credited for that, IMO, brilliant 5.1 remaster.

I did pre~order The White Album but watched the video in which Giles describes the new White Album remix/remaster as sounding 'raw" as per the Beatle's 'original' intent which sort of made me cringe. Like Grunge RAW? As some point out, it was recorded on both 4 and 8 track equipment so I suspect the level of 'discreteness' will vary as well.

I wish I had ALL the money I spent on various Beatles' original and 'remastered' albums over the years in almost every conceivable format [yes, even 8 track and Open Reel].

Whether one can consider the Beatles as the gift that keeps on giving or there's a sucker born every day ....... you can choose which is right [to quote the Moodies].

Brett, stand your ground. $150+ certainly buys a LOT of organ [and organic] music!:ROFLMAO:besides, the White Album was a 'business expense' ....either I pay Uncle Sam or Sexy Sadie:eek:

Last edited:
I totally agree with your first statement. And I still cannot believe that Giles Martin is credited for that, IMO, brilliant 5.1 remaster.

I did pre~order The White Album but watched the video in which Giles describes the new White Album remix/remaster as sounding 'raw" as per the Beatle's 'original' intent which sort of made me cringe. Like Grunge RAW? As some point out, it was recorded on both 4 and 8 tracks equipment so I suspect the level of 'discreteness' will vary as well.

As long as the mix is fully immersive with plenty of discrete elements, I am OK with varying levels of discreteness and even rawness. But for heaven's sake at least make an effort to put together a proper surround mix. The mix Sir George put together for LOVE certainly accomplished that and then some! Simply brilliant!!!

I can understand the purists wanting things to stay as they are. And fortunately for them, they can listen to all the original songs to their heart's desire with the songs packed into these massive box sets!!

The surround mix, on the other hand, should be where the artists, engineers, producers, etc... are free to experiment and create a mind-blowing surround sound experience that lifts you right out of your chair!!

Last edited:
Back