HiRez Poll Beatles - LOVE [DVD-A]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A of The Beatles - LOVE (Soundtrack)

• Total voters
but from what you say, it should play on the DVD Video option.

As stated, either DTS or DVD-video, yes.

Is there a noticible sound difference between the playing options ?

Only if you compare the two would you really notice any difference. And since you a have Sony player and that's not an option, you'll still get some mighty decent sound, so that shouldn't really be a concern.

ED :)

Between dvd-video sound and dvd-audio sound? Yes. That's why many members here buy dvd-audio capable players. If there wasn't a noticeable difference there would be no need to spend the extra dollars to get that playing option.

Thanks guys for your feedback. I might buy the disc, even though i wouldn't be getting the true playback. I'd think of investing in a DVD - A player, if the market wasn't so dead. ( Had a quick scan on ebay for discs and hardly anything....or way too expensive ! )

We may have given you the wrong idea about DVD-A. When played back as Dolby Digital or DTS, a DVD-A disc will provide very good fidelity. True, DVD-A is capable of possibly the best fidelity of any media available. Still, when played back on a DVD player without DVD-A capabilities, the results can be wonderful indeed. Once again, I fear that I've blasphemed.

If you like the Beatles at all, pick up this disc and enjoy!!

Thanks guys for your feedback. I might buy the disc, even though i wouldn't be getting the true playback. I'd think of investing in a DVD - A player, if the market wasn't so dead. ( Had a quick scan on ebay for discs and hardly anything....or way too expensive ! )

I fear that I've blasphemed.

If you like the Beatles at all, pick up this disc and enjoy!!

I think you can be forgiven ! :D I think i'll order it ( i think i'm going to be bankrupt at this rate ! LOL ) Why didn't i buy discs when they were more freely available & cheaper ! Love listening ( to my ever growing SACD collection, though ! )

Dixie, Don't allow the fact dvd audio is 'dead" to stop you from buying a universal player. There are many dvd audio still at places like amazon for good prices. What you see on ebay is oop stuff, rare, sought after materials driving the price up. What I suggest is you seek out used bins, garage sales and thrift stores. Many members have found gems this way very cheap also. Plus you'll find stuff here also. many sell off older stuff, or doubles. They call it "dead" but here it's well and very alive.
Then if you did have a universal, sacds. BD, dvd -a , and flac MC files are out there also.

Dixie, Don't allow the fact dvd audio is 'dead" to stop you from buying a universal player. There are many dvd audio still at places like amazon for good prices. What you see on ebay is oop stuff, rare, sought after materials driving the price up. What I suggest is you seek out used bins, garage sales and thrift stores. Many members have found gems this way very cheap also. Plus you'll find stuff here also. many sell off older stuff, or doubles. They call it "dead" but here it's well and very alive.
Then if you did have a universal, sacds. BD, dvd -a , and flac MC files are out there also.

Hi, thank you for the feedback. I did have a look on Amazon.com ( didn't think there was much available on first glance ? ) Unfortunately i'm housebound. so have to rely on the internet to purchase all my discs.
Just thinking out loud....could i connect another universal player to one of the HDMI ports for example Video 2 ( or any that's not being used ) ? Or can you only use the BD port ? ( i don't want to disconnect my existing Blu Ray player )

+1

I bought my first universal player last year, both because I didn't have to worry about a surround release, no matter the format, but also because it allowed me to create my own lossless mixes. You always should go universal if the option is there.

Hi, thank you for the feedback. I did have a look on Amazon.com ( didn't think there was much available on first glance ? ) Unfortunately i'm housebound. so have to rely on the internet to purchase all my discs.
Just thinking out loud....could i connect another universal player to one of the HDMI ports for example Video 2 ( or any that's not being used ) ? Or can you only use the BD port ? ( i don't want to disconnect my existing Blu Ray player )

You can use any port that will carry the signal. My avr I can name the input device. Or there are switchers avail. cheap.
also check out CL. If housebound. Best deasl are gonna be here. Check out the swap meet posts.

You can use any port that will carry the signal. My avr I can name the input device. Or there are switchers avail. cheap.
also check out CL. If housebound. Best deasl are gonna be here. Check out the swap meet posts.

Thank you for the info ( what's CL ? ) I'll check out the swap section.

Back