HiRez Poll Townshend, Pete - ROUGH MIX [DVD-A DualDisc]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A of Townshend/Lane - ROUGH MIX

• 6:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Mix, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this HiRez DualDisc... (y) :phones (n)

Could this be the last HiRez DualDisc ever released?

Attachments

• roughmix_front.jpg
    roughmix_front.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 610
  • roughmix_reart.jpg
    roughmix_reart.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 606
The more I listen to this album the more I like it. It's a very easy listen that doesn't demand your attention but is very interesting and satisfying when you actively listen. The mix is fine - nothing adventurous or out-of-place.

Absolutely superb in every way possible. A belter of a disc with gorgeous sound, wonderful mix making full use of the speakers and first rate songs as well.

If this is to be the last hi-rez dualdisc ever, then they've gone out in style.

Oi give it 10.

Great warm, natural, "you are there" in the studio mix. Excellent use of surround channels - the songs are good not great but overall a very satisfying listen. A 9(y)

This ia a great disc excellent recordings music is great as I have said in another thread. Townsend songs are good and he sounds very strong and there is a fragility to Plonks songs and singing voice which offers a great counterpoint a strong 9. The Mix works for the music.

Is there a "hit", or heavy airplay tune on this disc. One that someone unfamiliar with the album may have heard or know?

Is there a "hit", or heavy airplay tune on this disc. One that someone unfamiliar with the album may have heard or know?

"My Baby Gives It Away" had airplay in my area when this came out. I don't know that it was a hit though.

The album was not a success commercially and as far as I know contained no hits. I think it is great and have ordered it. I don't remember hearing anything on the radio, so if "My Baby Gives it Away" got some airplay, that is news to me. I have probably forgotten more songs I have heard on the radio than I can remember however.

Chris

Hi there,
I was a bit surprised to find that this album was recorded in 1977... somehow I thought it was a new one :rolleyes:
I just checked on allmusic.com and found that Rough Mix peaked at position 49 in the Billboard album charts, but no singles from this album are listed in the singles charts.
Best regards,
Oliver

Never knew of its existance.:eek:

Thanks to the input from all, I am actively seeking one for my collection.:smokin

Hi there,
I was a bit surprised to find that this album was recorded in 1977... somehow I thought it was a new one :rolleyes:
I just checked on allmusic.com and found that Rough Mix peaked at position 49 in the Billboard album charts, but no singles from this album are listed in the singles charts.
Best regards,
Oliver
"My Baby Gives It Away' did get a lot of FM airplay - - at least it did here in SoCal.

Certainly surprised me, this disc . I expected the songs to be strong but the mix is fabulous. Definite 9 !

~M~

A solid 9!!!

It is very hard to believe that this was from 1977. The sound is clean and the mix is superb.
To listen, the music has that "Coffee House" feel to it. Just sit back, converse and enjoy the tunes.:smokin

By the way, I picked it up at Best Buy!:D

"My Baby Gives It Away" had airplay in my area when this came out. I don't know that it was a hit though.

They'll still toss that on WXRT occasionally. I'm surprised (and happy) this made it out onto DD, and even more so that I found this at the local "Best Buy". Glad I grabbed it while I had the chance.

This has been one the best pleasant surprise discs I've purchased recently. I'm definitely a Who fan, so it wasn't exactly what I was expecting, but after a couple listens I've really grown to like it. It's definitely a highly recommended disc.

Hi there,
Best regards,
Oliver
Street In The City/Annie was the UK 45.

Before, I bought this album:

1. I never owned an album by The Who.

2. I never owned a Pete Townshend solo album and I'm not aware of his discography.

The first time I ever saw Pete Townshend was in the video "Face To Face" on MTV back in the 80s. THEN, I found out he was the guitarist in The Who.

With that said, I bought this album on the strength of this thread. When I popped it in my Acura TL, I thought, "This really sounds like a throwback." I thought it was a NEW Townshend solo album. I didn't realize he made this album with a guy named Ronnie Lane and it was recorded back in 1977. (I only read the first couple of posts in this thread, then I went out and bought it.)

While the songs are great, the real gems are the liner notes and the interviews on the DVD side. There's a really interesting backstory.

A solid 9. I think these songs need to grow on me a bit more.

Back