HiRez Poll Sara K. - HELL OR HIGH WATER [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Sara K. - HELL OR HIGH WATER

• 6:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Mix, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
please post your thoughts and comments on the SACD from Stockfisch Records! (y) :phones (n)

Sara K. has earned herself a label as an audophile singer/songwriter. On her 3. release on Stockfish Records she follows her style with acoustic company.
The sounds on the SACD are nice and pleasant with usage of the surround speakers to give a soft, diffuse sound from time to time. To me the music and sound fit together.
I can understand why this release has been sponsored by B&W Loudspakers, has received good reviews in German HiFi magasines, and is being sold from the high performance HiFi shop in my hometown. I have voted 10.

A very unusual sort of music, but it's a disc that I keep on playing.

Unusual instrumentation, but very effective.

Recommended.

Just picked this one up. I am listening to the SACD now in stereo in my office. Folk music isn't usually my thing, but WOW! This sounds fantastic. And, the music is really good too. I can hardly wait to hear it in surround. I'll post a more thorough review soon.

What else do you recommend from the Stockfisch label? This is my first I believe....

Just picked this one up. I am listening to the SACD now in stereo in my office. Folk music isn't usually my thing, but WOW! This sounds fantastic. And, the music is really good too. I can hardly wait to hear it in surround. I'll post a more thorough review soon.

What else do you recommend from the Stockfisch label? This is my first I believe....

Nice that you like it. The surround version will do the rest :).

Another big suggestion here:
http://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B000850GDS/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1389303078&sr=8-1

A definite 10! This is demo quality IMHO. I really enjoyed the music in stereo, but the surround version took it to a whole new level!

The surrounds are used VERY effectively. Lots of discreet sounds coming from the rears, which is sometimes not the case on audiophile SACDs. Very impressive. I am going to seek out other Stockfisch releases.

extraordinary sound quality, excellent surround mix, great music. 10 points.

extraordinary sound quality, excellent surround mix, great music. 10 points.

My sentiments as well, crisp and clean. This is a very nice disc with gently placed but discrete elements. Is it jazzy country blues? Fidelity is excellent, the mix while not "aggressive" is well suited to the style and the content suits me fine in the evening. I give it a solid 9.

Very little in the center, doesn't hurt a bit.

Back