OFFICIAL Vehicles with Factory Surround Systems

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can now go to the Acura website and build your own TSX.

The new TSX with the technology package is $32,060. That's about $3,000 cheaper than the TL. If I were in the market for a new car with DVD-Audio surround sound, this is the way I'd go. They made the TSX bigger, and that was my only issue with the old one. For my needs, the TL is a bit on the big side. If you want the horsepower though, the TL is an excellent choice.

So, the TSX is the cheapest luxury car with DVD-Audio capability.

The Saturn Outlook might be the cheapest vehicle possible but I can't tell if you have to buy the Advanced Audio Package or the DVD Entertainment package to get it.

Plus, I'd put my money into the ELS system.

Ferrari 612 Scaglienetta/ONLY

Bose Surround system that plays EVERY format known to me;
CD, CDR, DVD, DVD AUDIO, SACD, MP3

It was made EXCLUSIVELY for the above vehicle
Not even an option, on ANY other car.

Sounds beyond incredible
For $275,000 it better!:banana:(y):sun

CPR, have you actually heard this system? And, if so where, and with what source material? Details.

Traded in my 2007 MDX for a 2009 Hyundai Genesis with the technology package. The 17-speaker Lexicon system will play DTS-CDs, DVD-Audio, andDVD-Video (in park only for the video, but the audio plays at all times). The sound is quite impressive--I had always found the separation to be quite good on the MDX but the sound itself was a bit too crisp and seemed to lack full range and body in comparison to the 2006 Acura RL I had driven previously. However, this new Genesis upgraded sound system is amazing--full and rich with an enveloping sound quality. The only thing I miss from the Acura is the ability to adjust center-speaker volume independent of all other speakers.

If Acura wouldn't intentionally disable audio playback from DVD-video discs, I might have gone with an Acura RL or TL instead.

Traded in my 2007 MDX for a 2009 Hyundai Genesis with the technology package. The 17-speaker Lexicon system will play DTS-CDs, DVD-Audio, andDVD-Video (in park only for the video, but the audio plays at all times). The sound is quite impressive--I had always found the separation to be quite good on the MDX but the sound itself was a bit too crisp and seemed to lack full range and body in comparison to the 2006 Acura RL I had driven previously. However, this new Genesis upgraded sound system is amazing--full and rich with an enveloping sound quality. The only thing I miss from the Acura is the ability to adjust center-speaker volume independent of all other speakers.

If Acura wouldn't intentionally disable audio playback from DVD-video discs, I might have gone with an Acura RL or TL instead.

Sounds nice! Thanks for the info cliffbig, I added it to the master list.

Anyone else have anything to add???? :phones

Oops--I forgot to give the specs on the system in the Hyundai.

The deluxe audio system in the tech package is a 17-speaker Lexicon system, which previously was used only in the Rolls-Royce Phantom. Lexicon is a division of Harman-Kardon. The system is fairly sophisticated, offering multiple preset equalizations for different types of music, along with a customization setting for creating your own treble/midrange/bass balance. It also SEEMS to offer neural surround sound processing for XM radio (can't be certain--but it most definitely creates a better illusion of surround sound on the neuralsound XM channels than any other vehicle I've driven), and it does a great job of generating an illusion of surround from CDs and from iPod tracks.

This is the first I've heard of the Genesis playing dvd-audio discs. I'd searched before and didn't see any mention of it. How is the Genesis besides the Lexicon system?

I'm phenomenally impressed so far. Drives like a charm--powerful but subdued--extremely comfortable, superlative fit and finish, spacious without feeling oversized. The only things I wish for are a cooled passenger seat (my wife gives me a hard time about the fact that my seat is cooled, while hers isn't), an automatic trunk opening/closing mechanism rather than just a trunk release, and ID3 tags through the iPod connection. I compared it to the 2009 RL and the Lexus 460, and thought it out-performed both of them. Not sure how Hyundai can offer so much more for $10,000-$20,000 less than the competition!

Thanks for the link, I will be definitely reading up some more on the Genesis. I'm guessing since it's a new car there's not much in the way of any deals to be found. Another concern I have is typically a few kinks need to be worked out on new models, so I've seen it suggested to wait until year 2 of it's production. But I want a car with surround capabilities! The Genesis is on my short list.

I suspect prices will be higher on this car in inflation-adjusted dollars in a couple of years than they are now--the features it offers for the cost are phenomenal. That's why I went for one. Also, the car has been on the market in Korea for a while, so they've had some time to work out the kinks overseas before bringing it here.

The sound system is a major factor in determining what car I buy; this is the reason I no longer own an Acura or a Honda after almost 30 years of brand loyalty. They haven't kept up with the times, and their vehicles are under-featured in comparison with the competition.

(As a side note, wouldn't you think that one or more of these auto manufacturers would want to offer a customer label to market 5.1 DVD-Audio to their clientele who have bought a car with that feature? With the right focused marketing, this could be an even more profitable niche than the current vinyl market, I'd bet.)

So would you rather have Ray Rice starting this week over someone like Willie Parker? And if you haven't had your draft yet, would you draft him ahead of somebody like a Kevin Smith of Detroit?

So would you rather have Ray Rice starting this week over someone like Willie Parker? And if you haven't had your draft yet, would you draft him ahead of somebody like a Kevin Smith of Detroit?

Huh? :confused:

Uh oh... I must have tuned the wrong channel, because I don't know this program or the actors!

I usually take center setting to -3 sometimes even -6 on surround set-ups, so I know what you mean. A simple mono l-pad to adjust level would have been cool. ;-)

I checked the website and it looks like a great car. I was surprised to find out that it's rear wheel drive! That would be a problem for me.

Here's the blurb on the Tech Package:

Technology Package (T): Lexicon® 7.1 Discrete 17-speaker
surround sound audio, in-dash navigation system, in-dash
6-disc DVD changer, multimedia controller, Driver
Information System, XM NavTraffic® with 1-year complimentary
subscription, HID auto-leveling headlights, Adaptive Front
Lighting System, front and rear parking assistance sensors,
rear backup warning camera, cooled driver seat

Not sure how my fantasy football post ended up on here, must have been late or too many beers :banana:

Got a price quote for a Genesis today with the tech package. I may go in for a test drive, just got to figure out which dvd-a I want to bring for the ride (y)

Back