HiRez Poll Primamore, Peter - GRANCIA [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Peter Primamore - GRANCIA

• 7:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Content, Poor Sound Quality

• Total voters
Looks like you can still get this one at a (very reasonable) price. I just ordered via Amazon Marketplace...for $3.66...

Tony Levin on bass - that was the kicker....

Looks like you can still get this one at a (very reasonable) price. I just ordered via Amazon Marketplace...for $3.66...

I think you'll be happy with your purchase - but not because Tony Levin stands out - it's mainly a group effort with a very "Oregon" feel to it.

It's an excellent Surround Sound SACD at full price. At $3.66, I'd say it's a steal !
CD Baby has the Surround SACD on sale on the artist's web site for $15.99. See http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/primamore

Great musicianship, excellent fidelity, Tony Levin on Bass (one of my all time favorite bass players)....you can't ask for much more...

I've just ordered the Larry Chernicoff SACD also!!!

Great musicianship, excellent fidelity, Tony Levin on Bass (one of my all time favorite bass players)....you can't ask for much more...

I've just ordered the Larry Chernicoff SACD also!!!

You'll like that Surround SACD as well. Both are fairly unknown SACD treats !

You'll like that Surround SACD as well. Both are fairly unknown SACD treats !

I just rec'd my copy of the Larry Chernicoff SACD the other day (thanks to Brian's recommendation) - very similar in style to the Peter Primacore disc - lovely chamber jazz with a very organic surround mix - from the "stage" perspective - you are sitting in the middle of the band - highly recommended.

So many good comments have been made about this release that I can't add much. This is a fantastic sounding SACD and all the instruments surround the listener in such a natural way.

Track 4 "Mill Walk" sounds amazing. Track 6 "The Book of Erin Flowers" is another favorite.

This is more laid back than the type music I usually listen to, but I really love this disc and can't fault it in any way. A 10. Bonus: it's still available new, and used copies are even cheaper. Get one.

Incidentally, my wife enjoys surround music but it's not often that I find she's been playing something when I'm not around. Her go-to surround discs (in no particular order) are JT, Rumours, Bucky Pizzarelli's Swing Live and this one. Some pretty good company there.

Mark Z

This really is as good as everyone has enthusiastically stated.
And what's more the Artist joined in with his take on things.
Wouldn't that be something if more artists were like Peter.

So much quality, musicianship and effort has gone into this recording and mix, that it merits a well earned 10.

Back