CARS DEBUT ALBUM ON DVD-A

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*PURE SPECULATION AHEAD*

Next year could be the perfect storm.
When considering that the Cars could be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame during the same year as the 40th anniversary of their debut album combined with Warner/Rhino's renewed interest in releasing surround sound mixes, could we finally get the unreleased 5.1 mix of The Cars' debut album next year?!

Hope (and Speculation) Springs Eternal!

;)

I like it.
To funny, yesterday this is exactly the album that came to my mind of all the ones in the vault that you would think should be a slam dunk for Warners to release at some point but then again how has anything made sense with the money that has been spent on getting these albums recorded into surround and then they just shelve them.
Your timeline makes sense, hopefully someone is working on making this happen.

*PURE SPECULATION AHEAD*

When considering that the Cars could be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame during the same year as the 40th anniversary of their debut album combined with Warner/Rhino's renewed interest in releasing surround sound mixes, could we finally get the unreleased 5.1 mix of The Cars' debut album next year?!

;)

I like that type of speculation , Ryan :upthumb .:D (or prediction for that matter)

Who knows ?? If there's enough Buzz generated about a possible 5.1 to come....just maybe , MAYBE someone involved in the package will acknowledge and revive the long forgotten mix for inclusion .

Well it wouldn't hurt to try I figure . :D

*PURE SPECULATION AHEAD*

;)

Do you know if this mix was done by Roy Thomas Baker? I never heard his name associated with surround sound before. Regardless, this is one of those albums that seems to have been created with 5.1 in mind.

News on their facebook today, Rhino is releasing expanded editions of Shake It Up and Heartbeat City, no mentioning of multichannel :(

News on their facebook today, Rhino is releasing expanded editions of Shake It Up and Heartbeat City, no mentioning of multichannel :(

I didn't expect there to be any surround sound for those albums, but I still think we could see a 40th anniversary set for the first record released either over the summer or during the second half of the year, and that's where I expect to find some surround sound.

:)

Back