New Herbert Grönemeyer Album in 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Guapo

Hi there,

the name Herbert Grönemeyer will probably only ring a bell in German speaking countries, he is the super star on the German rock/pop market, and whenever he puts out a new record it is almost guaranteed to climb to the number one spot in the German pop album charts.

After his last (number one!) album "Mensch" was also released as a (by now hard to find) Hybrid SACD about 5 years ago, his new album "12", which is due to be released this Friday (March 2nd), will come out not only as a regular red book CD and on vinyl, but also as a special edition CD+DVD set. Unfortunately, as far as I could find out the best MC audio we will get is DTS96/24, but no lossless formats :(

Oh well, beggars can't be choosers, I guess, but at least DTS96/24 is the "next best thing"...

Best regards,
Oliver

just received mensch today, great mix! especially the tile song, although putting the vocal only in the center is an acquired taste..

12 is very good as well, no sacd but dts 96/24 at least. well worth a buy!

I watch regularly on EBAY and AMAZON for a cheap SACD of "Mensch". I promised another forum member several months ago to find one for him. But until now i had no luck. Cheapest price at the moment is 50€ used at Amazon. Living in germany, where the artist comes from, i thought it would be easier!
If you search on EBAY, try looking for a normal CD-Version and check the pictures for the SACD-Jewel-Case. Some people don`t know they sell the SACD and offer it as a normal CD. I had luck this way!

I forgot to say: "Zwölf" as CD/DVD (with DTS 96/24) is easy and cheap to get (9€ @ Ebay), but i prefer "Mensch" for better songs, mix and sonic quality.

Didn't know about "Zwölf"! Time for me to look for both of these. Perhaps I can even get the "Mensch" SACD at a normal mortal's price o_O (low hopes though)

This is worth getting, nice surround and music is well done.

I got a used copy from amazon.com for under $10. See some at amazon.com right now for under $5. One seller momox.com is from germany and thats who I got mine from so should hopefully be right copy and mine was in good shape.

http://www.amazon.ca/12-Herbert-Gro...d=1434034515&sr=8-1&keywords=ASIN:+B000MXOTPC

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000MXOTPC?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00

Back