HiRez Poll Nickel Creek - THIS SIDE [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Nickel Creek - THIS SIDE

• 7:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Fidelity, Poor Surround, Poor Content

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this HiRez release. (y):phones(n)

"This Side" is a listen, that goes anywhere from fun to haunting, with sounds that just wow you! Very discrete and dynamic. I was pleasantly surprised with the instrumentation, vocals and sounds of Nickel Creek. 9.

Dennis

Love it! The band is excellent and Gary Paczosa's surround mix is superb. A perfect 10 in my book.

Another disk I bought awhile back but never played. I think I listened to the first 3 tracks and put it away. This past week I decided to take it for a spin and listen to the entire album. Sonically this in one of the better disks in my collection, you know it when you hear it. Not a big fan of the genre but this one will find its way into my player more often. The sound quality is definitely a 10. Content wise most of the tracks are quite good, a couple of forgettable ones, not a bad average for a release that contains 13 tracks. Good use of surrounds and solid bass when present. I gave this one a 9.

Great recording and a really great mix, I don't see how it could be much better. It's not a disc I pull out all that often, but this last experience wasn't the first time it made me say WOW. Very nice indeed, a 10.

Mark Z

I love it when I vote and end up in the vast majority. Reinforces what I'm hearing and thinking...

Anyway, strong 9. Nothing wrong with this. If you want immaculately recorded and discretely mixed folk-pop kind of stuff, get this.
Otherwise, move along, move along...
It ain't no Raven... :mad:@:

This is a real soul searcher.
Not exactly my genre but it sure is good.
Haunting, ear jangling and so well produced.
The mix itself is really complimentary too.
It's a ...ooh I'm rip torn
Go on then

Back