Outlaws Lady in waiting

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EPuccio

Second album was released in CD 4, a cut out bin. Any good copy's around from CD 4 to Alesis HD 24 format.

"Breaker Breaker" was played on the radio from the LP. It was available on Q8 too.

Hi gents
New guy here to the forum.
I just ordered a OUTLAWS
LADY IN WAITING
LP M- ARISTA AQ4070 US
that I had found at BILL KROHN'S BOULEVARD RECORDS (KBR / GMV8065) [email protected]

I had both this and the stereo version LPs back when they released it in the mid 70's.One of my favorite southern rock/blues albums still.
I wanted to point out how much more stereo expansion and sweeter the Quadraphonic version was in comparison to the Stereo LP. If I remeber correctly I only had a sears Marantz setup that was not Quad and Quad seemed to sound best on it.
*Any idea why it might have played on that possibly the tuner was quad I was kind of hazy back then?

*I am currently using a Hi end Onkyo Home theater and looking for a cartridge for my Fisher Studio turntable?

so I can dub it to CDR (I understand that some setting need to adjusted to do this) I may have to buy a better phono and research what system I actually had back then.

Stay kewl everyone in 2008 and anyone who likes this LP is a friend of mine.

David
Former SSGT USMC
Anaheim CA

You don't hear much about this one anymore. Since it's a 1976 Arista release, I'm sure there were not many made. In the same league as the 4090 Manilow album I would guess. Arista was really late into the quad game, starting their releases in 1975!!!

A&M, Arista and Fantasy/Prestige/Milestone all began releasing CD-4 at about the same time. All A&M vinyl switched from being pressed by CBS, to being pressed by RCA. With the new pressing deal, they also switched from SQ to CD-4.

Perhaps someone with more record business knowledge than me can answer this: did RCA begin pressing Arista and Fantasy at this time, too, or was their late entry into Quad simply coincidental?

Linda

You don't hear much about this one anymore. Since it's a 1976 Arista release, I'm sure there were not many made. In the same league as the 4090 Manilow album I would guess. Arista was really late into the quad game, starting their releases in 1975!!!

I have a minty Q8 and I've gotta say for being both an Arista title and a GRT cartridge, the sound and seperation are both very good.

I hope this will make it to a transfer in the digital world as I love "Freeborn Man" and do not have the time to transfer my vinyl or Q8. It would be nice to give them a rest.

Just purchased this CD4 a couple of months ago on ebay for $5.00...Ill take just about any CD4 for that price!

Q-Eight
All the Q8s of this title i ever heard seemed rather dull. Any high end on your Q8?
I have a minty Q8 and I've gotta say for being both an Arista title and a GRT cartridge, the sound and seperation are both very good.

Hi, all. First, I have two Q8's and both do seem to sound dull. I also have two CD-4 records which sound pretty good. Loved this album and kinda wished 'Hurry Sundown' would have been released in Quad.
Second, if I'm remembering correctly, Arista was late in the Quad game because Arista came into being in 1975. The Outlaws were one of the first groups that Arista signed.

Quadtrade: I lucked into a Sealed Copy a number of years back. I've only played it maybe 3 times but I would still have to say it's a bit dull. It's not bad, but there does definitely seem to be some high-end roll off. I had to bypass my EQ's to hear what the tape actually sounds like. Flipping my Dolby's on eliminates almost all sounds but vocals! Unusual, because all the other Arista's are pretty decent sonically.

I too would have liked Hurry Sundown as quad but they also missed the boat by not releasing their signature 1st album. Fortunately I have nice upmixes of these two to listen to. (that's a lot of 2s back to back to back)

I have a feeling that the CD-4 was used for the following clip as at the 13:00 mark, you hear what seems to be a guitar solo but way in the background.

[video=youtube;QjlbqUNNMBM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjlbqUNNMBM[/video]

Back