"The McCartney Years" 3 DVD Set due Nove 12th

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't wait to hear these. I've said it a million times, Paul Hicks is a fucking genius! I think I like him better than Scheiner. Better EQ choices.

Paul Hicks is the son of Tony from the Hollies. After 1 listen it was worth every penny,:banana: this is not the end. We will see more of his work. Turn this guy loose in the Abbey Road vaults!!!!!!!!!!

just bought it on line through CC.express delivery should be here on monday.

how will this sound/look on my Toshiba XA2 using my Onkyo 905 AVR with 7.1?

new here and looking forward to hearing and seeing much much more !

but i have to get started now,i'm 63!

Same with my local Circuit City, sold out on Nov. 13. Best Buy had it for 29.95, but Amazon was 5 bucks cheaper as of today.

This release should do much to turn people onto multi-channel who normally aren't aware of a great mix. I am a big McCartney fan, so this should be killer from what I've heard from everyone here.

Same here, my local circuit City was sold out yestersday and I don't trust that they will get more.
BUT, I was able to buy the set from them online for the sale price for only $2 shipping, less than the cost of gas to drive back. I suggest that everyone who wants a set go this route. BB is selling it for $35 here.

On another note I believe Paul Hicks remixed some of the later hollies material, maybe on the three volume compilation set of a few years ago.
I would love to be able to buy a Hollies mc collection in any format. Too bad Alan parsons never mixed them in quad when he recorded them.

just bought it on line through CC.express delivery should be here on monday.

how will this sound/look on my Toshiba XA2 using my Onkyo 905 AVR with 7.1?

new here and looking forward to hearing and seeing much much more !

but i have to get started now,i'm 63!

I looks great on my XA2! :smokin

If anyone needs proof of the power of this incredible release, just watch the performance of "Live and Let Die" from the Glastonbury festival - with some pretty serious pyrotechnics/fireworks in front of a sea of humanity - with a killer live 5.1 mix to knock your socks off! Every time I pop this in - I discover something new and jaw dropping - it'll be sometime before I can absorb it all:sun

Why, oh why, couldn't this have come out on Blu-Ray? :(
And what for???? To promote a new format? It would not be about watching these old videos in hi def. They are difficult to watch as it is. Fuck Sony. They have been sticking it up the consumer for years. The new format is the old format. DVD video wins. At least for many more years. May as well hope 5.1 lives thru this format for now. It will be some time before any label does a bunch of music titles in either hi def format.

Well for one thing, they could have fit it all on two discs (maybe one). They also could have provided even better sounding 5.1 mixes. There are better things than Dolby out there. What's wrong with having options? You are right about one thing, the picture quality on this video won't get much better.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_n...ay&rh=i:aps,k:blu-ray,i:dvd,n:404276,n:163420

Here's a link to Blu-ray music on Amazon. There's some good stuff in there. Even old stuff like Toto's and AC/DC's concerts look a whole lot better in HD. New stuff like Springsteen's looks and sounds tremendous. Try it you might like it!

Well for one thing, they could have fit it all on two discs (maybe one). They also could have provided even better sounding 5.1 mixes. There are better things than Dolby out there. What's wrong with having options? You are right about one thing, the picture quality on this video won't get much better.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_n...ay&rh=i:aps,k:blu-ray,i:dvd,n:404276,n:163420

Here's a link to Blu-ray music on Amazon. There's some good stuff in there. Even old stuff like Toto's and AC/DC's concerts look a whole lot better in HD. New stuff like Springsteen's looks and sounds tremendous. Try it you might like it!
sounds like not much research or listening to the topic at hand.just a add for blu-ray. stick with the topic please

This is a DTS 5.1 mix - not Dolby - have you actually seen and heard this yet?

Playing it right now, thanks! If either of you took reading comprehension, you'd have noticed that I never said that this was in Dolby. I was trying to help someone broaden their horizons. Why are you guys so afraid of new technology? I hope that Blu-ray can help get more MC music into our hands. I thought people here would appreciate that. Guess not.

The reason this is on 3 discs is because of the duplicate versions of the content. The two "music" discs have double angles, with each song on their twice, as well as a ton of extra stuff.

Look at this disc with a DVD Authoring program and you will be amazed.

As for HD-DVD and BD, these "video" formats are great when there is primo source material. These old things do not need the extra resolution.

To me, the set is a great way to get these songs in 5.1 for the creation of DVD-Audios for the car. I will probably never play the video part again. I mean, how often do I actually watch a music video anyway?

I'd have to rate this right up there with Genesis' and Peter Gabriel's hits video collections. This is as good as it gets!

This is absolutely not true. The menus only play in 2.0.

You are correct - my apologies for the error - I realized this last night after the latest viewing - I guess I was so overwhelmed by everything that I mistook the menu sound as 5.1 - however the PLll decoding sounds pretty damn good anyway.

You are correct - my apologies for the error - I realized this last night after the latest viewing - I guess I was so overwhelmed by everything that I mistook the menu sound as 5.1 - however the PLll decoding sounds pretty damn good anyway.

Yeah, I just noticed that today, too. What is that groove playing on the main menu of disc 2?

Back