Lou Dorren on his CD-4 45rpm record, and FM Quadraplex

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm fairly certain none of the tapes I borrowed included that track.
I thought it was on the same tape as The Godfather Theme by The Movie Symphony Orchestra that got released on the back of the JVC CD-4 7-inch test disc.

IIRC you told me you'd never seen it on a tape before besides a JVC test/demo Q8 along with all the other similarly obscure CD-4 tracks.

I thought it was on the same tape as The Godfather Theme by The Movie Symphony Orchestra that got released on the back of the JVC CD-4 7-inch test disc.

IIRC you told me you'd never seen it on a tape before besides a JVC test/demo Q8 along with all the other similarly obscure CD-4 tracks.

Not recalling that tape or conversation. There were some 15ips reels of released quad materials, a few Moodies, one which had some tracks from Worst of Jefferson Airplane tacked on the end, there were the 3.75 ips quad movie dubs which included Grease and Jesus Christ Superstar, which was R,C,L,back, with the back just having a delay and reverb, and there was the Introducing Sparks reel. I think I borrowed more stereo material than quad, which was quite fun, have some jingles for Mr. Clean and Sacramento Tomato Juice, and a tape of outtakes for funhouse dialog from the world of sid and marty krofft. And the tape of Leonard Nimoy reading his book "You and I", which has provided me with many great Leonard Nimoy sound clips for my various internet shows.

The only quad stuff I found was a few of those ABC Quad Jukebox EPs, an Ovation Bonnie Kolac 45, and a Columbia SQ 45 with Billy Joel on one side and Art Garfunkel on the other.

Plus all of my Beatles and Apple stuff. Should have probably sold most of it 15 years ago when it was hot.

Cool. Thanks for taking a look, I do appreciate it.

Back