I Nomadi, 2007 remastered SQ CD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucanu

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Cabras, Sardinia, Italy, Europe, World, Solar syst
I have to thank Jeff (jefe1) for this.

If you check out Mark Anderson's list you will find that "I Nomadi interpretano Guccini" was issued on cd with the original SQ quad master.

Jeff found a new remastered version done this year, but what he found is an improved version of the origina quad master.
The good new is that the cover has changed...
well, you have to see it

the first is the "old" cd cover and the last is the new one.

Attachments

• 7928_1.jpg
    7928_1.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 179
  • c9db_1.jpg
    c9db_1.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 170
Very nice new cover, that must be a first in the CD era? I must also ask...what kind of music is the disc- classical? Italian folk music? Electronic avante garde? Never heard of it myself. John

That specific album is a bit hard to define; Guccini was (and still is) a songwriter similar in some aspect to Cat Stevens, with a Leonard Cohen twist; Nomadi was (and still is) a pop-rock-folk band. They did togheter many things - this is the second album that features a complete collaboration between G and N - and this specific LP, as odd as it may seems, is a lot less pop-pish and more prog-rock oriented. Quite nice, but not everyone's taste.
The cd cover showed on right is a resized version of the original LP cover, which was a single-inventory SQ release without 8 track release, and the only quad release of this group.

Back