Samsung BD-P1400 Blu-ray player Sale $299 Amazon.com

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Gerhard

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
This player passes the advanced audio codecs for Blu-ray over HDMI 1.3 for processing by an external decoder including DTS-HD MA. I don't need a player or I would sure buy this. It qualifies for 5 free Blu-ray software titles by mail and the list of available titles is linked to the Amazon.com sale information.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-BD-P1400-1080p-Blu-Ray-Player/dp/B000TME35W/?tag=blurayforum-20

I think other online sellers have the same deal including Vanns.

Chris

Thanks for this post!

I've had my eye on this one to go with the Samsung LCD and shopped it hard. THAT is the best deal I've seen. Might be the time to move...

Last edited:
Samsung BD-P1400 Blu Ray Player for $274 + $19.00 shipping = $293!

http://www.electronics-expo.com/index.php?page=item&id=SAMBDP1400

Wife sez: "Wonder what it'll be in January?"

Not a buzzkill, but a cautionary tale...:mad:@:

I don't know anything about that seller so for $6 extra I would go with Amazon. I assume Amazon offers free shipping. Waiting isn't bad either, I think you will either see a slightly lower price or see more than 5 free software units. The huge price drops for this player are now behind us.

Chris

Better still, Best Buy also went $299 on the player, has the 5 free discs by mail, PLUS 2 more Blu Ray discs (of their choosing but that's probably good ebay fodder, AND a 10% coupon that expires tonight.

I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat..... :)

Update - The player price moved up $10 last night to be $279.98 now...

Didn't realize it would be like watching stock prices!

You'll be relieved to know I ordered one today. That Blade Runner 5 disc Blu Ray review got to me! Next week should be blissful...

I only made one mistake.

Fooling around with setup, I enabled 24fs mode which my 1 year old Samsung 1080P LCD is not capable of. This delayed our Blu Ray premier show by a few minutes while I figured out what I'd done to not have picture but sound. Everything after that was BLISS!!!

Blade Runner was my first laserdisc (Criterioin CAV version) in 1988, so it seemed appropriate that this should also be the first Blu Ray release. The timing of the Samsung player price drop and Final Cut box set conspired neatly to make this happen.

Blu Ray is DVD-Audio with amazing video!! This was the finest playback we've ever enjoyed in our house. The only change was the new player and quality material feeding the same old gear (Denon/CSW). Really glad I did it and my wife totally got why I did it. Wife Approval Factor (QQ trademark) better than expected....

Five free discs (including The Last Waltz) will be here in a few weeks I guess. Last night I ordered more titles on line since Target stores turned out lame on price and selection; stick to on-line sources if you have to. Here's what I ordered:

Amazon.com: 2001: A Space Odyssey $20, Close Encounters Of The Third Kind $32, Chronos $18, Fifth Element $16

Target.com: David Gilmour: Remember That Night $24, Terminator 2: Judgement Day $14

I only made one mistake.

Fooling around with setup, I enabled 24fs mode which my 1 year old Samsung 1080P LCD is not capable of. This delayed our Blu Ray premier show by a few minutes while I figured out what I'd done to not have picture but sound. Everything after that was BLISS!!!

Blade Runner was my first laserdisc (Criterioin CAV version) in 1988, so it seemed appropriate that this should also be the first Blu Ray release. The timing of the Samsung player price drop and Final Cut box set conspired neatly to make this happen.

Blu Ray is DVD-Audio with amazing video!! This was the finest playback we've ever enjoyed in our house. The only change was the new player and quality material feeding the same old gear (Denon/CSW). Really glad I did it and my wife totally got why I did it. Wife Approval Factor (QQ trademark) better than expected....

Five free discs (including The Last Waltz) will be here in a few weeks I guess. Last night I ordered more titles on line since Target stores turned out lame on price and selection; stick to on-line sources if you have to. Here's what I ordered:

Amazon.com: 2001: A Space Odyssey $20, Close Encounters Of The Third Kind $32, Chronos $18, Fifth Element $16

Target.com: David Gilmour: Remember That Night $24, Terminator 2: Judgement Day $14

I haven't gotten my 5 free Blu-ray titles yet, I bought a PS3 on Black Friday and sent in the form then. I don't recall exactly, but it took about 10 weeks to get my 5 free HD DVD discs.

High Definition video with DVD-Audio is how I have described it as well. I don't recall seeing what you are using to process the audio. I saw a list somewhere of the Blu-ray releases with lossless audio, I think the total number is about 270 so far. The majority of those use uncompressed lossless PCM but there are a number with Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD MA. Fox uses DTS-HD MA and I am still waiting for a way to hear anything other than the core 1.5Mpbs DTS. It has been stated that internal software decoding of DTS-HD MA is coming to the PS3 by firmware update and hopefully soon.

Chris

I'm using the Samsung's decoding (one of my reasons for purchase) as it didn't twist my arm to buy a new receiver for the living room right now. Using the six analogs into Denon AVR 2400. I lack an DD decoding there for broadcast/DISH so making a change ther sooner or later...

Back