Blondie in 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

britmarc

Greetings All;

Have just been surfing and found this on Amazon.co.uk:-

Gift Pack 2CD+DVD [Enhanced] [Limited Edition]
~ Blondie (Artist)

Audio CD (29 Oct 2007)
Number of Discs: 3
Format: Enhanced, Limited Edition
Label: EMI
ASIN: B000VPCX5Y

Disc: 2
1. In The Flesh (5.1 Remastering - DVD Version) (2002 Digital Remaster)
2. Denis (5.1 Remastering - DVD Version) (2002 Digital Remaster)
3. Detroit 442 (5.1 Remastering - DVD Version) (2002 Digital Remaster)
4. Picture This (5.1 Remastering - DVD Version) (2002 Digital Remaster)
5. Hanging On The Telephone (5.1 Remastering - DVD Version) (2002 Digital Remaster)
6. Heart Of Glass (5.1 Remastering - DVD Version) (2002 Digital Remaster) Li
7. Dreaming (5.1 Remastering - DVD Version) (2002 Digital Remaster)
8. The Hardest Part (5.1 Remastering - DVD Version) (2002 Digital Remaster)
9. Union City Blue (5.1 Remastering - DVD Version) (2002 Digital Remaster)
10. Atomic (5.1 Remastering - DVD Version) (2002 Digital Remaster)
11. The Tide Is High (5.1 Remastering - DVD Version) (2002 Digital Remaster)
12. Rapture (5.1 Remastering - DVD Version) (2002 Digital Remaster)
13. Island Of Lost Souls (5.1 Remastering - DVD Version) (2002 Digital Remaster)
14. Maria (5.1 Remastering - DVD Version) (2002 Digital Remaster)
15. Good Boys (2006 Digital Remaster)
16. Rapture/Riders

No customer reviews and their label pictures tell us very little....

Listed at 16.47 GBP.

Anyone interested????

Best regards.

Marc - An Englishman in Japan

Anyone interested????

Hell yeah! I've always thought that 'The Best of Blondie' would make a great surround disc. Now, if we could get some confirmation that it really is 5.1. Thanks for posting, hopefully someone will know more.

I highly doubt the pre "Curse of Blondie" material will be true 5.1. The Best of Blondie DVD that came out a couple years ago was 5.1 but all upmixed, and it sucked. I'd love to be wrong...

Hi !
First post in here... sorry for my quite poor English !

The setlist looks awfully lot like Blondie's "Greatest hits video" DVD.
The "2002 remaster" doesn't mean much, since the video-clip DVD was also released in 2002.
I don't own this 3 disc release, but chances are high that the DVD is just another copy of the videoclips with the very poor 5.1 upmix that's not worth much (for the record, it's already the third version of this little 55-minute compilation DVD)

A real Blondie 5.1 remaster would own, but I guess we're still far away from it...

I had bought this 80's Mix of songs DVD-A and it has 2 Blondies songs in 5.1 and in Hi Rez!! they should release some of Blondie in 5.1 and hi rez!!

I’ve got a 2 disc set which is very similar to this but without the Parallel Lines disc. It contains a greatest hits CD and greatest hits DVD. Both have very similar tracklistings to the discs on the collection noted above, but not exactly the same (and not the same as each other). The cover picture is the same, though. It appears it’s been released a few times, sometimes with no DVD, sometimes called ‘Sound and Vision’. Anyway, the sound is stereo only, no mention of 5.1, but I thought I’d try it through PLII. And it works brilliantly for a lot of the tracks! You get the bass and vocals in centre front, drums in stereo across the front, and guitars, keys and bvox are in the rears! I could not believe how good this sounds for PLII. It’s not brilliant sound quality (even though the DVD is also PCM, I think the CD sounds better) but it’s a better and more discrete ‘mix’ than some ‘proper’ 5.1 mixes. It’s far from perfect, of course, this is a PLII decode, but I was distracted from the visuals for a while which has got to be saying something.

Like I say, there are various versions of this but I suspect they will all work the same. However, note that this is NOT The Best Of Blondie DVD (the reissue of the 80s video of the 80s hits collection).

It’s currently very cheap second hand on Amazon (UK). (Less than £1 + postage.)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Blondie-Greatest-Hits-Sight-Sound/dp/B000BIOGV0

I’ve got a 2 disc set which is very similar to this but without the Parallel Lines disc. It contains a greatest hits CD and greatest hits DVD. Both have very similar tracklistings to the discs on the collection noted above, but not exactly the same (and not the same as each other). The cover picture is the same, though. It appears it’s been released a few times, sometimes with no DVD, sometimes called ‘Sound and Vision’. Anyway, the sound is stereo only, no mention of 5.1, but I thought I’d try it through PLII. And it works brilliantly for a lot of the tracks! You get the bass and vocals in centre front, drums in stereo across the front, and guitars, keys and bvox are in the rears! I could not believe how good this sounds for PLII. It’s not brilliant sound quality (even though the DVD is also PCM, I think the CD sounds better) but it’s a better and more discrete ‘mix’ than some ‘proper’ 5.1 mixes. It’s far from perfect, of course, this is a PLII decode, but I was distracted from the visuals for a while which has got to be saying something.

Like I say, there are various versions of this but I suspect they will all work the same. However, note that this is NOT The Best Of Blondie DVD (the reissue of the 80s video of the 80s hits collection).

It’s currently very cheap second hand on Amazon (UK). (Less than £1 + postage.)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Blondie-Greatest-Hits-Sight-Sound/dp/B000BIOGV0

So the listing on Amazon says that there 5.1 remasters, but from your report, it sounds like both the CD and DVD are stereo only? IS this correct?

Also, it says PAL? I am in the US and have an OPPO multi format player. Do you know if the DVD will play for me?

So the listing on Amazon says that there 5.1 remasters, but from your report, it sounds like both the CD and DVD are stereo only? IS this correct?

Also, it says PAL? I am in the US and have an OPPO multi format player. Do you know if the DVD will play for me?

I haven't got the version that is listed as 5.1, I've got a different version which has PCM stereo on the DVD, but it is a very similar cover and tracklisting. At a guess, I reckon the 5.1 listing for the gift pack DVD is wrong. (I assume most QQers are also wary, otherwise somebody would have bought it by now and posted the good news!)

I've not got an OPPO, but a lot of other members have, so I'm sure somebody can answer that question.

Forgot to say in my previous post, I tried the CD through PLII and it did not upmix anywhere near as well as the DVD.

Curse of Blondie was released as a Dualdisc. The DVD side has a 5.1 mix. This is probably the same thing just in a 2 disc version.

I do believe it is a true 5.1 mix but not very exciting if I remember.

Curse of Blondie was released as a Dualdisc. The DVD side has a 5.1 mix. This is probably the same thing just in a 2 disc version.

I do believe it is a true 5.1 mix but not very exciting if I remember.

Yes, there is a Blondie DualDisc, but that is of one complete album, Curse Of Blondie. This is a greatest hits compilation.

Back