Lou Dorren: A new CD-4 Demodulator!!! [ARCHIVE]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So Lou has not yet placed the order for 150 retipped styluses, to equal the number of proposed new demodulators. I assume it is a question of money, this guy is not going to do that much work without being paid something up front. And Lou is not going to pay until he has filled 150 orders for demodulators which means he gets money from us first. Assuming lou finishes his prototype and delivers it to John, and John gives it a thumbs up for quality, Lou will first have to collect money from us and then pay for the manufacturing of the new demodulators. At the same time he will then have to place the orders for the retipped stylus (I assume grado gold cartridges will be procured separately). He will then have to wait for the stylus to be retipped and delivered to him for packaging with the new demodulators.
Based upon the above timelines cited by Dietrich, there could be quite a time lag between our paying Lou the money for these demodulators, and our receiving them, like about a year. Unless Lou is prepared to front all the manufacturing costs upfront himself, I don't see how these items could be readily available when we order them.
If Lou could give us delivery timeline estimates when he starts collecting money, it would be appreciated.

Hello David an Jefel1

Of course it could be possible, that Lou has found meanwhile another possibility for the retipping as shown above. But the sticking point in the 5th year of developing is, that Jon would receive the protoype and could make finally the test. Only then the fans with an order would be prepared to make an advance payment. I think, this year will show, if the demodulator will see the light of the quadraphonic world or not. I am further on interested, but some other known fans have meanwhile some doubt.

Dietrich

Well since I already have a CD4-50 I use for transfers, I don't use my 4D-D5 no more - or the rest of the all-JVC quad rack it came in neither.

It ain't new in the box or anything but ArmyofQuad been bugging me forever to get in my garage and rescue my all-JVC vintage rack set with seperate amp, tuner, turntable, reel, 8-track player, this same demodulator and 4-speaker set - then he made me promise to tell the guys here about it first before I put it up on eBay to see if anybody wants it.

Well - now with the rain all week I pretty much don't have a choice but to go dragging around the garage if I want to keep from being bored.

I told AoQ that before I put this up for sale, I was waiting around til I could complete the set with a JVC 4-track quadraphonic cassette deck, and he basically googled his eyes at me like ``yeh-sure - you're gonna find one of THEM sometime soon'' like ``so put up what you got and let a guy who's gonna use it - buy it.''

At least he's not like my ex-foster-dad I live with and his incessant
HIM: (simpering) You ain't used it in a year. Why doncha throw it away.
ME: Well it's a good thing you ain't in charge of the Smithsonian or the National Archives HIM:The National Archives and the Smithsonian has a budget and funding.
ME: Paid for by taxpayers. Like you. I'm on disability. That's tax money. So it's the same.
HIM: If something ain't commercially viable, then it doesn't need to exist.
ME: Like you and everybody else on disability, PBS, Link TV the museum...
HIM: The museum is only the result of people cutting all the trees down and putting `em in a tree museum and then charging all the people 11.95 just to see em.

Which starts another ``pick a side'' argument about ``are you an environmentalist or a greedy corporate capitalist that uses up all the resources there is for profit and then complains there ain't no more (The Lorax).

(LOL)

I wish I could ge MY JVC CD4-50 back. Quadbob will not respond to my pleas to return it. He is an outright THEIF!

Hey Guys:
This has nothing to do with quad demodulators, but guess who that is in the picture with The Quadfather? IMG_4529-01B(1).jpg

Since there is no news about the new demodulator I propose we rename this thread: Identify the celebrity in the photograph. Please, no photos of ex wives!

Alternatively, who can rank in quality and desirability the vintage cd-4 demodulators (which are available and can be bought) and discuss which chips they use and which ones do the best job.

QUADFATHER:

Will you please share the story on how Barbara Eden? and you came to be in the same picture. Enquiring minds want to know!

Justin

She is Barbara Eden. Every year Macon Ga. throws a two week long shindig known as the Cherry Blossom Festival. Barbara was this year's grand marshal in the Cherry Blossom parade. She dropped by the WGXA TV studio where I work to do an interview and plug her new book, "Jeanie out of the Bottle". The picture was taken in the newsroom.

The Quadfather

Back