Lucifers Friend quad

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dadmav

Since 2002/2003
Anyone have this or given it a listen? Just recieved an Ebay purchase of their debut on CD. I had the stereo lp back in the 70's, and can only imagine now how good the quad of this must be.Great band to rediscover, at least I found it on cd to replace my long lost lp.

According to Mark Anderson's quad discography, this album was only released in quad. So there's a good chance that if you run the CD through a QS decoder, you'll get a quad output.

J. D.

It is a great album. I have the SQ vinyl and like it very much. The album is not mixed very discretely but it does add some depth to listen to it in quad.

I have my doubts about this one. great album, but I have this on CD, the US Billingsgate supposed SQ vinyl and the original Geraman Philips pressing from 1970, and the mix sounds exactly the same on all. And I doubt this was mixed in quad back in 1970. If the Billingsgate reissue was remixed for SQ there should be a difference and I don't hear any in stereo or SQ matrix. There might be some natural separation from the phase differences but I doubt this ever had a true dedicated 4 channel mix.

Rick

On my original vinyl the record label definitely says SQ Quadraphonic.

Here are the labels from the SQ vinyl:

Attachments

• LF1.jpg
    LF1.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 351
  • LF2.jpg
    LF2.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 362
Beaver's Mom and Dad discussing the next morning about Dad having to discipline Beaver Cleaver the previous evening.

Mom, "You were a little hard on the Beaver last night, dear."

aye - thar she blows - i got this lp - didnt care it was in Quad - really nice gatefold cover - mine was sealed - but i had to lose that plastic to look at it! listened twice - and thought "why arent these guys KNOWN?" THEN I READ THEY BOUNCED AROUND ON GENRE - THIS LP WAS HEAVY AND PSYCHEDELIC - crap....all caps - but i heard other lps werent so spacey or heavy - thats too bad......even their cover art went sour - anyone know what she's worth? mint - played twice entirely - one track i played several times to show it off - other than that - still sitting there, doing nothing.

take care

w.a.reid:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:yikes:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin

I've aquired a copy of this. yes, it say's it's SQ encoded, but it is actually the same stereo mix as the european release. Very dodgy marketing.

I've also tested the other two 'so called' quad releases on this label. Both are stereo.

Time to remove them from the list i think.

I've aquired a copy of this. yes, it say's it's SQ encoded, but it is actually the same stereo mix as the european release. Very dodgy marketing.

I've also tested the other two 'so called' quad releases on this label. Both are stereo.

Time to remove them from the list i think.

Could it be the version labelled as stereo is, actually, SQ? It's happened before!

The stereo release is stereo, plus it was released in 1970 on a label that didn't get into quad, so it's another 'Everest' i'm sorry to say

Back