What are the Rarest** MultiChannel SACDs?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And, what's up with Spryro Gyra? It seems some have never heard of them. They are on MC sacd. I sent a copy to a member who is in CA, who never heard of them.
anyone else?

That be little ol' me.

I've had a pretty narrow mind musically until the thirst for surround opened it up.

There are 5 Spyro Gyra's on SACD MC. They are all less than $30. I own them all. You can view them at: http://www.sa-cd.net/library/7517/17 (bottom of page.) While you're there, check out the rest of my collection, all 549. There are over 600, if you count box sets as individual titles. Many are rare. There are a few titles I own that SA-CD.net doesn't list. Dylan promos, etc.

you don't count because you already have everything! I saw them in a show here. Good band, just not my style.
Too light
On a lighter note: would you consider adopting me? I'm housebroken and have an income.
And I promise you will never see me, as I'll be in your music room all the time.

Star Trek Nemisis
Just got it of eBay last week at a good price. hope it's good

Every room in my house is a music room. My second system is in my bedroom (see my profile for details.) Quad Kitty would need to accept you. No, I'm not Quad Kitty. He's a black & white feline. My signature shows him in action/inaction. Like you, he's housebroken.

To get back on topic, my house is a museum for rare and OOP SACD's, DVD-A's, dbx LP's, Q8 & Quad LP's. There are many OOP and highly collectable 2ch LP's and CD's. Why do I ever leave home? Perhaps to cruise in my convertible listening to DVD-A's with the top down. It's time to go facilitate one of my groups and do exactly that. :banana:

you don't count because you already have everything! I saw them in a show here. Good band, just not my style.
Too light
On a lighter note: would you consider adopting me? I'm housebroken and have an income.
And I promise you will never see me, as I'll be in your music room all the time.

Funny but the rarer ones appear to be Stereo only!

Talk Talk (both)
Peter Gabriel
Cyndi Lauper
The Bangles
Gloria Estefan (stereo & Stereo/MC actually)

Why they command such high prices and are so hard to get is beyond me.
Although the 2 that come to mind is of course, The Scorpions and Aerosmith's Rocks but Rocks is stereo only supposedly.

Funny but the rarer ones appear to be Stereo only!

Talk Talk (both)
Peter Gabriel
Cyndi Lauper
The Bangles
Gloria Estefan (stereo & Stereo/MC actually)

Why they command such high prices and are so hard to get is beyond me.
Although the 2 that come to mind is of course, The Scorpions and Aerosmith's Rocks but Rocks is stereo only supposedly.

Another irony there is that the high priced, "rare" SACDs aren't ones that would be on my best Surround Sound mix or
best SACD sound list !

Believe it or not, the 200 Gram Classics Vinyl series of Peter Gabriel sounds better than the SACDs do.

I have a couple of the Peter Gabriel SACDs, I find the early ones very disappointing. I prefer my original vinyl of PG3 - "Melt" to the SACD!!

US isn't bad though and UP (5.1 of course) is awesome.....

I can't believe the price these demand.....

so much upset that PG didn't made all his reissues on SACD as a surround. particularly
in the light of "Up" 5.1 turned out to be great in both, sonically and surround.
somewhere i read that he purchased equipment for his studio to work in DSD.
what a waste of money. would be much better if he could spend this investment
onto surround remixes, particularly that there isn't too big back catalogue.

I wish the labels and particularly PG milked the PG cow again with releasing surround remixes :D

I wish the labels and particularly PG milked the PG cow again with releasing surround remixes :D

Isn't it odd that he went to great lengths to make sure the early Genesis stuff
was done properly in surround yet his own early stuff is stereo!
I'd love to hear the early discs done in 5.1, especially PG2 & 3.

Isn't it odd that he went to great lengths to make sure the early Genesis stuff
was done properly in surround yet his own early stuff is stereo!
I'd love to hear the early discs done in 5.1, especially PG2 & 3.

It must have been 20 years ago when Peter Gabriel came out with a computer program that enabled you to mix his latest album any way you liked. I don't know if it was even in stereo, and the bitrate must have been small, but it seems likely someone could isolate tracks and synch them into multitracks later.

Billy Joel has a Umixit promo disc which allows you to mix 4 songs yourself on your PC.
They are:
1- Keeping the Faith
2- Movin' Out
3- Big Shot
4- Only the Good Die Young

He's savin' all his money for a multitrack, you oughta know by now!

It must have been 20 years ago when Peter Gabriel came out with a computer program that enabled you to mix his latest album any way you liked. I don't know if it was even in stereo, and the bitrate must have been small, but it seems likely someone could isolate tracks and synch them into multitracks later.

Don't want to hijack this thread but just to make sure: you guys are aware of Gabriel's 5.1 dts Greatest Hits collection, right?

indeed this one is pretty good but still, all 3 audio streams lossy. particularly stereo and 5.1 as a DD - just a death for the ears.
there few tracks from "UP" album. never compared but i guess the surround mix is the same as on SACD.

b.t.w. on FB page he acknowledged that now they are remixing PG live in Athens from 1987 in HD and 5.1
probably would be DVD-Video and BD-Video

Does anyone have, Gloria Estefan / Greatest Hits - multichannel ?

Yes, I have the MCH version.
It is also out as a stereo only version as well but neither are hybrid.
Never understood why they did a few of them like that...
Stereo only and then a stereo / MCH edition.
There is a Meat Loaf - Bat Out Of Hell, also I think Herbie Hancock's Headhunters is like that.
And if you get the Japan version of Headhunters, It's Stereo/MCH/Hybrid but
the Japanese version of Billy Joel's The Stranger is Stereo only.
You have to be very careful when picking them up off eBay or Amazon as
most sellers won't specify which one it is.

-B

Back