What are the Rarest** MultiChannel SACDs?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Minimum maximum Sacd from Kraftwerk is impossible to find for decaent price! :yikes

when you are late in the game it is so...but esp. for these item take the DVD-V (very good dts sound with the awesome visual effects) you cannot do something wrong

Minimum maximum Sacd from Kraftwerk is impossible to find for decaent price! :yikes

Agreed. The Kraftwerk Multichannel SACD seemed to be hard to get even when it first came out. Makes me wonder if it wasn't a limited edition style pressing vs. a regular run.

Thinking about it, I've found a few hard to get SACDs from sellers in HK (still sealed) including those later hybrid pressings like this Euro "Time Out" (made in Austria afaik) that seldom/never appear anywhere else.

I don't know how these things ended up way out there in the Far East but they look like the real deal to me and they certainly do all the right things, like the different layers playing properly/flawlessly whether redbook or scarlet, etc.! :eek:

I can only comment on what shows up on HK auction websites since I scan though those sites on a regular basis for overlooked collectible CDs/SACDs. There is a very active audiophile scene in HK and those audiophiles hungers for audiophile quality music software. However, their preferences in music often differs to the audiophiles in the West....which is why there were SACDs of Air Supply, Kenny G, Vanessa Mae, etc. released. What would be a "must buy SACD" in the West may end up gathering dust on a store shelf somewhere in HK. Some of us may be excited about the upcoming Beach Boys SACDs from Analog Productions, but I am quite sure very few will care in HK. But that doesn't stop these SACDs from being imported to HK for retail sales. And that's how some "hard to find in the West" SACD titles ended up being available on a HK auction website or e-tailer's website.

Below is one of those "What is your latest SACD purchase?" thread out of, I believe, Singapore. You can see the differences in music preference....

http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=159145.0

I can only comment on what shows up on HK auction websites since I scan though those sites on a regular basis for overlooked collectible CDs/SACDs. There is a very active audiophile scene in HK and those audiophiles hungers for audiophile quality music software. However, their preferences in music often differs to the audiophiles in the West....which is why there were SACDs of Air Supply, Kenny G, Vanessa Mae, etc. released. What would be a "must buy SACD" in the West may end up gathering dust on a store shelf somewhere in HK. Some of us may be excited about the upcoming Beach Boys SACDs from Analog Productions, but I am quite sure very few will care in HK. But that doesn't stop these SACDs from being imported to HK for retail sales. And that's how some "hard to find in the West" SACD titles ended up being available on a HK auction website or e-tailer's website.

Below is one of those "What is your latest SACD purchase?" thread out of, I believe, Singapore. You can see the differences in music preference....

Although I picked up the Arista HK Hybrid Stereo SACDs by Air Supply and Kenny G, I'm definitely more in the school of looking forward to the Analogue Productions SACDs from the Beach Boys music wise! :)

when you are late in the game it is so...but esp. for these item take the DVD-V (very good dts sound with the awesome visual effects) you cannot do something wrong

Mind you , there are TWO versions of this DVD-V; the GERMAN and ENGLISH version...my fave is the German one! No one has confirmed it yet , but I think that the SACD and DVD-V mixes are the same!

I've always been skeptical about some of the discs from HK; the fear of counterfeit discs makes me wary of buying some of these hard to find discs. Have you ever purchased a "fake" from HK?

I've always been skeptical about some of the discs from HK; the fear of counterfeit discs makes me wary of buying some of these hard to find discs. Have you ever purchased a "fake" from HK?

No, they've all been legit SACDs from the Hong Kong market. In some cases, the eBay sellers of the HK SACDs are from Japan and other countries.

then there's those SACDs that are so rare (obscure!?) its doubtful they even exist! like Will Tura's "In Mooiste Droom", or the "La Oreja de Van Gogh" discs (2 of 'em announced afaik) which nobody I know has ever seen in the flesh (probably vapourware).

Well, those La Oreja de Van Gogh discs seem to be back from the dead:

ore-das.JPG
ore-evdc.JPG

Anyway, far beyond my budget... Dile al Sole / El Viaje de Copperport

Sorry to be the ---partypooper...I CAN'T STAND THAT CHICK'S...squeaking pseudo singing...(????)
...you wanna hear a great singing Spanish chick in a "group"?'
it's "Amaral" !!!!
the original Oreja chick eventually left the group and has a ..solo career ..while the group got another (slightly better) singer...

The overall vibe that I get from the original chick singer was that she's a "well off" spoiled kid who wanted a Pop group and found out it wasn't what she expected...

Again , apologies...

Many Spanish groups would benefit from a Surround mix , but the concept osf Surround is mostly "lost In Spain..
1- most Spaniards do NOT have a 5.1 system (and if they do , they do not know how to set it up correctly..or don't care to do it)
2-99% of Spaniards DO NOT BUY DISCS, they just download them...

which leaves me in an uncomfortable position .... a freak, perhaps??

Back