OK Quad guys! What's your receiver???

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Currently running quad output through a modern Sony (yeah, I know) DA-3000ES, but will eventually get back to sending it through a vintage quad amp. The one that's seen use so far is a Pioneer QX8000, but I've also got a Sansui QRX7001 that seems to be "triphonic" due to some problem pretty early in the signal path...

Mark Z

OK, It's a humble Pioneer VSX-AX2AS-S (don't have the moolah like most of you guys who have all this high end gear with fancy names and even fancier sound), but at least it's the "Next to top of the line" receiver...Dang, it's a HEAVY sucker!!!:eek: I guess it must have like 3 1/2 different stereo amps...

Actually I have it with 4 JBL E80 floor standing speakers, no sub (JBLs deliver some really good bass down to 32 Hz) or center channel (eventually)= 4.0 setup

vsxax2assdetail_large.jpg

AND my favorite view... the BUTT!!! Hey, I'm from Puerto Rico, it comes with growing up there :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

vsxax2assback_large.jpg

The other day I turned it up to +4 db and my whole body started vibrating-man , you can use this as a sonic weapon ("It iiiiisss a baby Eagle!!" , - My favorite duck) :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Sansui QRX-7001, Lafayette LA-524, Sony SQD-2010, Sony TC-258, JVC-4DD5, JVC 4RD-1405, CLARION car/home 8-track quad deck, Imperial TT, Sony TT, Technics TT, Technics SH-400, Lafayette F-4400 Quad Headphones and other few things not-quad and not-vintage

here are few pictures

Attachments

• sansui.JPG
    sansui.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 1,194
  • lafayette.JPG
    lafayette.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 1,178
  • sony8trk.JPG
    sony8trk.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 1,162
  • imperial.JPG
    imperial.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 1,162
  • sonytt.JPG
    sonytt.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 1,140
  • jvcr2r.JPG
    jvcr2r.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 1,163
  • jvcdemod.JPG
    jvcdemod.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 1,140
  • headphones.JPG
    headphones.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 1,148
I have a Pioneer QX-949A with 2Ch, CD-4 RM and SQ Full Logic. I can hookup 8 speakers to this bad boy.
Is the a CD-4 Encoder plugin perhaps? I noticed a SQ encoder and decoder. What is RM? How does that differ between the other sounds.

I am trying to record only channels 3 and 4 to a 2 channel cassette deck. I am running winamp with the sq encoder plugin and setup the sound card line out to the AUX input and the 4 channel tape 1 rec (3 and 4) to the tape deck input L and R.

I noticed when I shift the channel from left to right on winamp I still hear both channels. Is this what I should be getting?

I've got a QRX-8001, a QRX-7500A, and a "plain" QRX-7500 I'll probably be selling soon. Just added a Fosgate Model 5 (since I'll never be able to afford a Tate in this lifetime).

Hi folks - after spending a couple of years at AudioKarma I'm kinda slipping into Quadraphonic mode. I find the technology and history very interesting, the hardware really neat and some of the sounds are very cool...

I've managed to assemble 3 quad units so far. A Sansui QRX-6500, a Pioneer QX-949A and a Sansui QS-500. The QRX and QX are original while the QS has been recapped. All three are in real nice cosmetic condition.

Attachments

• Resize of QRX6500 Complete (3).JPG
    Resize of QRX6500 Complete (3).JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 820
  • Resize of QX-949A Receiver (1).JPG
    Resize of QX-949A Receiver (1).JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 802
  • Resize of DSC02746.JPG
    Resize of DSC02746.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 820
Hmmm, me thinks I posted this on my intro thread:
JVC 4VR 5456V receiver, Sony PS-V702 turntable (JVC VL-5 beltless and stylusless) 4 x Sony SS-7330 speakers. (my avatars and signatures is basically the system. Rear of unit :

Attachments

• JVC_4VR_5456X_bak_800.jpg
    JVC_4VR_5456X_bak_800.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 766
Hi,

i use a JVC 4 VR 1006 in my main system:

One of the JVC models from the early 70´ies with the ´bull´s eye´ designed balance joystick and FM/AM scale.

Have fun,

M.

Hi,

i use a JVC 4 VR 1006 in my main system:

One of the JVC models from the early 70´ies with the ´bull´s eye´ designed balance joystick and FM/AM scale.

Have fun,

M.

I'd never seen one of those before, looks very cool, green back light dials and all.:sun

I have just gotten into Quad. I have several Sansui 9090's and 9090DB's I am restoring, but have bought two QRX9001's. One works pretty good hooked to four Pioneer CS905's. I don't have any quad input gear except for some Quad records which really sound pretty good. As for the other 9001, it has a rear left channel that is low in volume and makes scratchy sounds. I found an original Service Manual, but like the other Sansui Service Manuals, it is pretty skimpy on information. I am hoping I can get help on fix/restoration of these units here on this forum

aldena007

I have qrx 5000 as a spare receiver. The main one i use is a qx 949. I have sansui cd4 decoder DC04. sansui 2050C with JVC md 20x cart. thorens 165 with at 440mla. jvc ks 15 for rear sound and spx9000 for front. also have a teac a-3440.

this is the set up in the old house
hifi.jpg

the jvc rears
burnyLP2.jpg

simplified for the new house
hifi3bushby2.jpg

QRX 9001 is pushing the 4 Sansui Sp X9s and 4 Pioneer CS 99a. it took me a yr and some days to try to do what QuadBob does. To keep from having hall way sex .Am not going to do that agan
Joe

Hi Quad guys.....My front channels go through the pre amp of a Sansui 9090 receiver then through a Soundcfaftsman MA 5002 power amp . Also in the loop are a DBX 3BX unit and a Pioneer SG 9800 eq. The rear channels go through a Onkyo Grand integra pre amp, DBX 3BXDS, SoundCraftsman eq and another Soundcraftsman 200 watt/channel power amp....Ahhhh you ought to hear it!!!
When I get one of the new CD 4 decoders, Ill go right from it to my dbx, eq units then straight into the power amps (using their volume controls). I m also wondering what a Carver sonic Hologram would do to the front channels.

Terry

I don't post here because I don't have time, but I saw this request, so I thought I would respond. I have too much equipment to list, but here are the quad "specific" items. (Sorry, no quad receiver.) I mainly use the forum for information. I have it all mixed in with other equipment as I am sure most here do along with digital processors, SRS Circle Surround, etc. Not everything is in use. Some of it doesn't work at all. Some have a problem or two, but most are at 100% functionality. Some were acquired as multiple units in a single sale or won auction.

Here's my contribution to the request:

3-JVC 4VN-990 (Int. Amp)
3-Sansui QS-500 (Decoder)
2-Sansui QS-100 (Decoder)
2-Sansui QS-1 (Synthesizer)
1-Sony SQD-2020 (Decoder)
1-Sony SQD-2000 (Decoder)
3-Sony SQD-2070 (Decoder)
1-Sony SQ-1000 (Decoder/Amp)
1-Sony SQ-100 (Decoder/Amp)
1-Superscope QA-450 (Int. Amp)
3-Superscope QA-420 (Int. Amp)
1-Superscope TD-48 (8-Track)
1-Technics RS-0855US (8-Track)
1-Technics RS-858US (8-Track)
2-Realistic SQ II (Decoder)
2-Realistic 4-channel Synthesizer Quatravox (Sythesizer)
1-Lafayette SQ-M (Decoder/Sythesizer)
1-Empire EDR-9 Cartridge (CD-4)
1-Technics SH-400 (CD-4)
1-JVC 4DD-5 (CD-4)
1-JVC 4RD-1406 (Reel-to-Reel)
1-JVC 5944 (Headphones)

I am looking for, but not in a hurry for a Sansui QS-800A & a Sony SQD-2010. There is always the expensive & hard to find Sansui QSD-2, QS-01 & Tate II that I eventually want. I am into vintage equipment, stereo or quad so my interest are scattered.

Don't expect me to follow up on this thread. I work for myself & I just don't have time. You caught me on a holiday.

David

Item that I forgot:

1-Panasonic RS-845US (8-Track)

Correction:

1-Technics RS-855US (8-Track)

I do know how to spell "synthesizer." LOL

My main pieces of non-quad equipment that everything revolves around are:

1-Yamaha RX-V3000 (8.1 Reciever)
3-Concept 12.0D (Receiver) (one doesn't work)
1-Technics SA-AX6 (Receiver)
1-Yamaha CR-1020 (Reciever)
1-Yamaha CA-810 (Int. Amp)

Back