OK Quad guys! What's your receiver???

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aye mates - im using
the qrx - 5001 ...only one ive ever seen - ugly too!!(on its way to Ready in PA)
the qrx - 6001 - n.i.b. when i bought it (N.O.S.)
the qrx - 7001 - stereo shops floor model with "demo" stamped on the back - had about 6 months of in store use - and then shelved for 20+ years before i bought it when shop closed up
the qrx - 8001 - this one is a "thumper" - i have to thump some of the knobs to get them all to work!
the qrx - 9001 - quadbob restore - with all the extra bells and whistles - kept the LED to the original color - -- might change that color some time.

did i miss one!

cheers:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin

w.a.reid

i also have 4 Kenwood Model Elevens II - all have issues - im sending them all to Chris Ready in PA - he's going to put one together using the other 3 for parts, if needed, and he can keep the 3 "left-overs"!

ive been through the gamut on sansui - 4500 - 5500 - 5500a - 7500a

Last edited:
Gudday everyone....
My current quad receivers are Sansui QRX-6500 (My Favorite...is use this for just about everything) /Sansui QRX-6001 (Better QS decoding than the 6500 but a bit unpredictable...needs a repair...again. Not as good sounding as the 6500) / Marantz 4400 (Great but completely different sound to the Sansui's...much more fuller but superb with some music. I had JVC CD4 decoder connected to this, but now am mostly using it as a stereo receiver).

Used to own a Technics 8500X (...fairly ordinary amp and tuner).

Also have a Pioneer Quad console unit which I salvaged out of a wooden cabinate....cheap/basic ,surprisingly good tuner and nice enough sounding to make me wonder how much better the top of the line Pioneer QX-8000 Quad models from the same era sound.

Right now i have my Akai CR-80D-SS hooked up to my Sony STR-DE985 via the multi channel inputs. I am on the hunt for a Sansui QRX-6500 to hook up in another system as well.... maybe get a quad R2R and another CR-80D-SS. i also hear the synthesizer Decoder on those units work very well, and it will simulate a 2 Channel source such as a CD into 4 Channel audio.... very cool stuff.

I have a similar setup. What is the wiring configuration. You know, out from where, in to where and monitor settings.

Thanks

My Sony STR-DE985 has 2 "Multi-Ch In" inputs on the back. one is 5.1, and the other is 6.1 or 5.1 (or use one for Q8 and one for Q4) i have the Front L/R outputs from the Akai, to the Front L/R inputs on the Sony, and the Rear L/R outputs from the Akai, hooked into the "Surround" L/R inputs on the sony. The sound is excellent, but the only thing that sucks is that there is no Multi Channel Outputs, so i can only record 2 Channel, which is kind of a bummer because most of my CD's sound excellent with great separation through the surround decoders on the sony.

I just got a great deal on a Sansui QRX-3000, so it will be a while till i get the 6500 (im just gonna wait for a good deal). hopefully the synthesizer decoders on it are good.

t
OK, It's a humble Pioneer VSX-AX2AS-S (don't have the moolah like most of you guys who have all this high end gear with fancy names and even fancier sound), but at least it's the "Next to top of the line" receiver...Dang, it's a HEAVY sucker!!!:eek: I guess it must have like 3 1/2 different stereo amps...

Actually I have it with 4 JBL E80 floor standing speakers, no sub (JBLs deliver some really good bass down to 32 Hz) or center channel (eventually)= 4.0 setup

vsxax2assdetail_large.jpg

AND my favorite view... the BUTT!!! Hey, I'm from Puerto Rico, it comes with growing up there :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

vsxax2assback_large.jpg

he other day I turned it up to +4 db and my whole body started vibrating-man , you can use this as a sonic weapon ("It iiiiisss a baby Eagle!!" , - My favorite duck) :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Oh dude, THAT'S is MY receiver too!!! (too bad that sq10 was banned cause he also lives in Madrid...there are a couple of us living here; Arnold Layne and I). The only explanation I can find is the seasonal Electronics sales at "El Corte Inglés" (a Sears/Circuit city/Lord & Taylor mix) , which I'm positive that he got those from there.
My JBL E80s I got from an online store that is already gone (Rebelio)...
I feed the Oppo thru HDMI, a vcr, a couple of old dvd players and my Laserdisc, and as he stated, the whole place starts shaking. I don't think I have ever been in a room with such sheer power....awesome

Not a receiver by any means, in fact it's sort of the anti-receiver.

A McCormack MAP-1 analog six channel preamp. Very simple, very straight forward and NO menus.

map1.jpg

map1logo.jpg

map1buttons.jpg

My main mancave setup is a Pioneer QX-949A Receiver Amp, Fosgate Tate II 101A SQ Decoder, Akai CR80DSS 8 Track, Akai 1730 SS Reel Deck and a Pioneer PL-100 turntable with an Audio Technica AT-12S cartridge/needle.
I also have in one bedroom a Panasonic RS-888 'all in one' unit that I picked up at a flea market years ago for $60. I found that it was a 'PX' unit only available overseas. The gentleman I bought it from said it was his brother's unit that he had bought when in the Army in Germany many years ago. It works great except for the record changer. Someday I'll retrofit in a better turntable for it and re-employ my Marantz CD-400 demodulator.
I will soon put back in my other bedroom the first Panasonic RE-8840 that was my first quad system. I had bought it on eBay back in 2001 with the original four speakers that came with it.

12/23/09 quote from westgate:
"as of ~nov 15, '09, both pioneer quad amps are in for recapping/rehabbing/etc.
i miss them dearly! but the wait will be worth it."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
got first amp back about 6 weeks ago, 2nd one, 3 weeks ago.

both seem to be running like new and sound great! and no more hiss!

Dude...I'm in Oregon....How can you have any pudding , if you don't eat yer meat...

rjmb8p.jpg
[/IMG]

QRQ 6001

Last edited:
Hi, I also have a teac A-6300 I bought back in 1978. Its been in my atic for 30 years and now I have taken it out. Well I never packed the manuals with it. Do you know were I can download it.
Thanks Guppy

Hi, I also have a teac A-6300 I bought back in 1978. Its been in my atic for 30 years and now I have taken it out. Well I never packed the manuals with it. Do you know were I can download it.
Thanks Guppy

i'm very glad you're bringing your a-6300 back to life. i have one and love it!

not sure if you can download manuals from here but they do have the a-6100/a-6300 owners and service mans for sale in hard copy, at least.

http://www.vintageaudiomanuals.com/-T.htm

Back