Ok, Pick Just ONE title you REALLY, REALLY WANT IN MC(with conditions)....

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Believe all Frank's music is already Quad.... Just have to get the Zappa trust to release them.....

I know that Frank was a proponent of surround sound and apparently did quite a bit of work with quad/surround, but he released 62 albums during his lifetime :yikes and 109 including posthumously released albums, and I don't think he ever got around to Joe's Garage, or at least not that I've ever heard of. My dream would be for a Steven Wilson surround mix of it, and coincidentally is included in his >20 Albums That Deserve To Be In Surround Sound< from almost 8 years ago, several of which have been mixed in surround by him since then. :)

Ian Hunter

Shrunken Heads including Bonus Disc

2007 Studio Album

Album Tracks: Words (Big Mouth), Fuss About Nothing, When the World Was Round, Brainwashed, Shrunken Heads, Soul Of America, How's Your House?, Guiding Light, Stretch, I Am What I Hated When I Was Young, Read 'em and Weep

Limited Edition Bonus Tracks: Your Eyes, Wasted, Real or Imaginary

Supposedly the Guns n' Roses Use Your Illusions albums were originally meant to be produced for surround (I think Slash's book says that), and the heavily produced (some say bloated) nature of the albums seems like an ideal fit.

Like most people I'm a bigger fan of their first album, but that one is just fine in stereo (although it's a damn shame the stereo blu-ray audio of Appetite for Destruction never materialized).

Supposedly the Guns n' Roses Use Your Illusions albums were originally meant to be produced for surround (I think Slash's book says that), and the heavily produced (some say bloated) nature of the albums seems like an ideal fit.

Like most people I'm a bigger fan of their first album, but that one is just fine in stereo (although it's a damn shame the stereo blu-ray audio of Appetite for Destruction never materialized).

Perhaps with the release [finally] of Sgt. Pepper in 5.1, artists who have been resistant to releasing their back catalogues in surround MIGHT be convinced otherwise. Especially, as other posters have stated, that friends/acquaintances who never considered adding surround to their systems are finally being convinced.

Yes, folks, it would take a Sgt. Pepper in 5.1 to possibly turn the tides on the public's acceptance of the many pleasures of Surround Music! And the prospect of The White Album and Abbey Road with similar release fanfare. Drumroll, please!

Perhaps Axl and the boy's Appetite for Destruction will gain a new momentum with an Appetite for SURROUND. Bon Appetite.

Cocteau Twins: Heaven Or Las Vegas!!!!!
Mixed by Steven Wilson or Elliot S.
:51banana:

:worthy

Impossible to pick just one.... but 10cc's "How Dare You!" and Steely Dan "The Royal Scam" would have to be around the top of the list.

Oh, and all of Peter Gabriel's studio albums.

Plus, "Queen II". Actually, it would have to be "Queen II". (y)

A "KLF" greatest hits album would be nice along with "The Chemical Brothers" and "Fat Boy Slim" as a triple MC compilation (= one album ;) )

I'm a big fan of Tori Amos. Her album, "Boys for Pele", would be great in 5.1. In fact, I think her entire catalog of music would be a wonderful candidate for 5.1.

"Tales of a Librarian" has a bonus DVD disc where she has a few tracks in Dolby Digital 5.1. The sound is exquisite with amazing bass on the live track of "Pretty Good Year".

Link to video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnUmK2-Hp20

I'm a big fan of Tori Amos. Her album, "Boys for Pele", would be great in 5.1. In fact, I think her entire catalog of music would be a wonderful candidate for 5.1.

"Tales of a Librarian" has a bonus DVD disc where she has a few tracks in Dolby Digital 5.1. The sound is exquisite with amazing bass on the live track of "Pretty Good Year".

Link to video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnUmK2-Hp20

Yep, Pele would be outstanding in surround.

It's funny looking back at this thread seeing that a lot of us actually got what we wanted and most ended up being Steven Wilson remixes (close to the the edge, xtc, king crimson, ELP, etc).

Anyway for me Boston's debut is still my most-wanted surround title, followed by any led zep album. I guess the best I can do for now is play the old stereo SACD through involve...

Love - Forever Changes
New music from Cornelius
A "Beatles - Love" type of release with the music of Genesis

Haven't read through the entire thread but my ONE choice is Electric Ladyland by The Jimi Hendrix Experience. Jimi's multi-tracked guitars and vocals scream for proper surround treatment ala Scheiner or a Wilson!

Haven't read through the entire thread but my ONE choice is Electric Ladyland by The Jimi Hendrix Experience. Jimi's multi-tracked guitars and vocals scream for proper surround treatment ala Scheiner or a Wilson!

That album has so much phasing that even quad synthesized sounds amazingly good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I echo the wish for Queen II in multichannel.

I'd love to have Dead Can Dance in multichannel too. But the likelihood of this is pretty close to zero.

Back