Ok, Pick Just ONE title you REALLY, REALLY WANT IN MC(with conditions)....

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gerry Rafferty - City To City

If only the piano on Whatever's Written In Your Heart was recorded with multiple mics the same way as Rick Wright's piano on DSOTM.

That piano's stunning in stereo, would be interesting to find out! Very fine album, hope someone would remember to add the non-album B-side I think "Big Change in the Weather" was the title and maybe, for giggles, one of the 45 edits of "Baker Street" that was released back in the day.

Ed did you mean Breakfast in America-would be the Logical Song :)
BAF would be excellent,it is chock full of hit after hit, in fact to many hits as in its heydey I did not listen to it very much as the songs were played on the radio way to much.

I really like 'Even in the Quietest Moments' as well, Fools Overture would sound very cool in lossless surround.

peter

Supertramp's sound would seem, yes, quite logical for surround. :D I'd take any one of 'em, and EITQM is no slouch, plenty of good stuff there, too.

I'd like to hear something a little off-the-wall in surround, like the s/t PORTISHEAD album. Some of those tracks were mixed to might-as-well-be-mono, but I think a wider sound field would give their strange sound even more impact and resonance. That's one Lp I just had to get on vinyl, even though generally don't go for that kind of thing.

ED :)

That piano's stunning in stereo, would be interesting to find out!

Probably too much to hope!

Very fine album, hope someone would remember to add the non-album B-side I think "Big Change in the Weather" was the title

Yes, it it was finally included on a 2011 deluxe re-issue, so it would be great to have it on a surround version.

Also the title track was a single in some Eurpoean markets supposedly with an extended version of Mattie's Rag on the b-side, which would also be nice to have.

Agreed! And we know multis for the album probably exist, since a few tracks were remixed for an old Rafferty comp (the name of it escapes me at the moment). Didn't like the stereo remix of "Whatever," but mainly because it sounded (to these ears) odd and 'digital," the latter hard to quantify but it bugged me from the first time I heard it.

Alas, as Gerry is no longer with us, I wonder what it would take to get something like that done.....

ED :)

i know this band not often mentioned in here but i'm curious - is anyone out there to take
Uriah Heep - Salisbury in 5.1 lossless?
always loved and still do the title track. it would sound fabulous in surround.

Alas, as Gerry is no longer with us, I wonder what it would take to get something like that done.....

Sadly the state Gerry was in towards the end it's a bit like Douglas Adams and the movie version of The Hitchhiker's Guide - there's possibly more chance now he's gone than there was while he was here.

His daughter Martha ("Mattie") seems to be active if not influential with his legacy, and the royalties from his estate go to her daughter Celia.

I'll try a post to plant the seed on the official site run by Martha: http://www.gerryrafferty.com/contactus

you're kidding, right? ;)
i have it and it's Silverline so i guess everyone can picture what sort of surround it contains

p.s. my apology for misleading info. it isn't Silverline but some Classic Rock Productions.
last time i listened this when purchased, perhaps somewhere 2005 or 2006. anyway, mix
and sound was so much unimpressive, that i never listened since then. after reminding
from LK i digged it out and gave one more listening. oh well, it's was hard task, sort of
torture by so bad sound and terible placement it around listener. i guess that's why i put
it among other similar releases which in main part contain pop acts from Silverline

Last edited:
I would have picked Close to the Edge also, but it sounds like they already tried that one and were missing tapes. So I get to pick two :) . I'd vote for Roger Waters' Amused to Death. Never thought the Q sound thing worked well enough and would really like to hear it in MC.

K
Looks like I'll have both of my choices released. If ATD comes out anywhere near as good as CTTE did, then I'll be in surround heaven.

http://news.acousticsounds.com/post.cfm/roger-waters-amused-to-death-in-5-1-surround

K

Eeeeeeeeeeek...........

Just one hmmmmm, Think I will go off the beaten path with this one.

The Cars - Candy-O :banana:

I figure most of my most wanted would be already mentioned, so maybe not this one

OK, here we go.......

I remember standing in E.J. Korvettes record section when this first came out in 1976 and I was blown away. This effort, along with follow up LP's have so, so much musicality going on that a 5.1 version would probably be one of the best ever done.

Am speaking of "3:47 EST" by Klatuu
Such a talented group that some thought the Beatles got back together to lay down a few tracks!

Their sophmore effort, "Hope" is just as imaginative and musical.
I just listened to these albums over the weekend and they still deliver. (At least to me) :smokin

I totally agree. Klaatu's work would be fantastic in surround.

You know... I believe the band now owns the rights to their music, as they have released remastered versions of their first two albums recently. I wonder if one of the talented folks on this site contacted them, if a deal could be struck to remix and release them in surround.

http://www.klaatutheband.com

One can dream....

Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft...

wow...this place IS awesome! i don't know too many people who even know who they are!

but...my wish would be for *Robin Trower Bridge of Sighs*

I choose a few, can't limit to one, besides, I have no idea what is lost, already out in quad, etc. The first that comes to mind is Michael Jackson--Thriller. So many more I want, but will follow the rules unless this one can't happen, then I will keep listing and hoping.

Bridge of Sighs would be great in surround. (y)

Robin Trower's back catalogue could really do with serious remixing imho.. the remasters aren't great (bit bright and loud) and the original CDs aren't much good either (the old Chrysalis ones I've heard sound grungy and lifeless) but I think it's the mixes themselves as much as the fidelity of the original stereo mixes that is pretty rubbish too. Shame cos there's lots of lovely music there.

Still waiting for Hemispheres!
CoS would be a dream in 5.1
C'mon Big Al, if you don't have the time or inclination, make the call to SW!

Back