Lucinda Williams / Olivia Newton John

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aquadad

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Hello,

Just thought I'd put a word out about a couple of titles that I've not seen mentioned around here.

Lucinda Williams--live from austin tx (Austin City Limits) This DVD-V is the best surround that I've heard from the ACL series and I have several. It's probably synthed surround but at times it's very discrete and at all times the sound field is very full and enveloping. It's in DD and DTS 5.1

This concert DVD is more about getting the sound right than anything else and the sonics more than make up for the lack lustre performance. A must have if your a fan of the music. It features a lot of songs from "Car Wheels On A Gravel Road", her 1998 release that was nominated for two Grammys: "Best Female Rock Performance" and "Best Contemporary Folk Album"

Olivia Newton-John and the Sydney Symphony Orchestra--Live at the Sydney Opera House, This offering in DD 5.1 was done very, very well.
I must say that I was impressed by the discreteness and the mix. The mix involves combining the rock ensemble with the orchestra and they do it very nicely with discreteness all around. This is some of the best discrete recording of a full orchestra that I've heard.

Olivia's presentation is very mature and tastefully done. This may very well be her swan song and she was as pretty as ever.

Just picked up this Lucinda Williams Dvd. Looking forward to a listen. I love Car Wheels....

Back