QQ DVD-Audio Demo/Promo/Sampler Gallery (with scans)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's an interesting one I found on eBay recently. The first track from Miss E Elliot is an amazing surround showcase. I never got the DVD-A that it came from (So Addictive), but the surround mix on this track is one of the best I ever heard.

DVDE Group Demo Front 600.jpg
DVDE Group Demo Back 600.jpg

You should be able to buy "So Addictive" for less than $10, Jon. That particular track that you reference has a ton of bass!

http://www.amazon.com/Missy-Elliott...07753&sr=8-1&keywords=missy+elliott+dvd+audio

Grab it while you can! I did!

NERD, Britney Spears, Missy Elliott, and Alicia Keys dvd-a's are all great mixes and have a few extras on the discs that dvd-a are known for. Collector items for sure!

Thanks quattroatl! I did order one and got in sealed with the detail sticker for $10! 'preciate it. :)

Thanks to our good friend QQ Member Kal Rubinson from Stereophile, here are the scans for the 2001 WB/Reprise "DVD AUDIO SAMPLER"

WB Sampler 2001 Gray 600.jpg
WB Sampler 2001 Gray Back 600.jpg

I need to move all of these SACD samplers out of the DVD-A sampler thread. Give me a few and I'll get on it. :)

I have a bunch of SACD samplers I can scan as well. This is something I was going to get around to, ya know? When you get old, you forget stuff! :mad:@:

Last edited:
Yes I bought one of those feeble machines. Seems like I had a different sampler included as I don’t recall this track list. All I know is I had to play Brain Salad Surgery any way I could!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right now the sampler might be worth more than the machine...just saying:violin

JVC "Special Edition" - Yes Promo Dvd-a

Also dated 2001, I do not know the particulars on this release. I do know that "Magnification" was not released on DVD-A until June 30, 2002, so this may have been a pre-release deal. The tracks from the House of Blues never showed up as a stand alone DVD-Audio disc.
This one came with my JVC dvd a player and another great sampler, sold off to a member who enjoys it I'm sure. I love these discs. the last one was a Honda sampler paid like $10.00 and my good friend from Canada gave me a great one too. That's the one with the Steve Miller tune. can't decode dvd a right now but it is complete with the beginning and ending sound effects missing from the disc.

1999 UMG Demo Disc

Here's an interesting one. It's from UMG. The thing that makes it interesting is that most of these titles were available as DTS CDs, then SACDs! (Some tracks never came out on DVD-A or SACD at all!)

However, this disc is dated 1999! So, could it be that UMG was originally going to be a DVD-A exclusive shop, and someone (I wonder who) convinced them to move toward SACD? Maybe with some incentive? :eek:

If true, it would be another example of one company torpedoing the 5.1 surround market - but alas we have many other threads here discussing that aspect. I guess we'll never really know. ;)
I can't find a listing for this on Discogs. Does anyone have it in their Discogs collection? If so, could you link it here? Thanks!

Back