QQ DVD-Audio Demo/Promo/Sampler Gallery (with scans)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jon,

Forgive the stupid question, but can those Acura DVD-A's be played on any DVD-A player, car or home? The 2008 sampler you listed above has some nice stuff on it!

I'd like to know where "Monday Morning" by Fleetwood Mac is sourced from?! Not only was the 1975 s/t album never released on DVD-A or DTS, but I don't recall FM recording that song live either. I wish they (Ken Calliat, WB) would have released the s/t album on DVD-A right alongside Rumours. I still haven't bothered with Say You Will due to mostly negative reviews, plus I didn't like the CD much and of course, Christine McVie was still MIA. Tango In The Night, on the other hand, ranks among the top 5 albums I'd most like to hear in surround. Anywho...

I had no idea the Creative sound card disc (post 12) contained those DVD-A tracks on it. I'm not setup for 5.1 on my PC, but I wonder...*sound of shoes walking over to the OPPO*

Dan

Here's a look at the 2008 Acura ELS Demo DVD-A, pictures swiped from an eBay ad. This one I've never seen. It has a few tracks from late-era discs, and a cut from the Eagles Live DVD/HD-DVD.

I wonder if the Steve Miller track is from the original DTS CD or the later release that was Dolby Digital?

(If anyone has a better scan of this one, let me know)

I can't supply a photo but I can tell you that the Fly Like an Eagle track is not the DTS version. It sounds closer to the DD take. Monday Morning is the studio version. A slightly different mix than the stereo version.

I wonder if the Steve Miller track is from the original DTS CD or the later release that was Dolby Digital?

(If anyone has a better scan of this one, let me know)

And the Steve Miller track sounds great in 24/48 lossless DVDA!!

The mix of Monday Morning is quite nice as well. Probably not worth buying a $38,000 car.... well maybe;).

By the way we bought two of the 2010 RDX. What a machine!!!

So "Monday Morning" is from the non-released "Fleetwood Mac" DVD-A then, eh? Damn. Guess we know what's playing in Elliott Scheiner's Acura! :D

Yeah, when he's not playing those unreleased Steely Dan surround releases.

I wonder if Mike Mettler still plays Tusk in his Explorer? Oh he went vinyl that's right....!

Last edited:
All songs on this sampler dated 2000 or older, so I'm assuming this came out in 2000. It is 96/24 DVD-A, each song is a 5.1 mix. No stereo tracks.
According to another QQ member, this originally came packaged with a DVD-A player.

Attachments

• sampfront.jpg
    sampfront.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 761
  • sampback.jpg
    sampback.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 753
I picked this sampler up from a Technics A-10 player in 2000. This thing was a beast of a player. Sorry about the quality of the front image, but the scanner didn't pick up the shiny logo.

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 737
  • Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 733
All songs on this sampler dated 2000 or older, so I'm assuming this came out in 2000. It is 96/24 DVD-A, each song is a 5.1 mix. No stereo tracks.
According to another QQ member, this originally came packaged with a DVD-A player.

D.A.M.N.! I do have a JVC dvd-a player and it didn't had this disc inside!!!!!!:mad:

I picked this sampler up from a Technics A-10 player in 2000. This thing was a beast of a player. Sorry about the quality of the front image, but the scanner didn't pick up the shiny logo.

That's a good one! THANKS! (y)

Here is the 2005 Acura TL Demo DVD-Audio disc. The 2004 Disc tracks were primarily from WB artists. The next year, these tracks were mostly UMG artists. Interesting to say the least!

Still, a much better disc than those that came with the 05 RL!

Attachments

• Acura 05 TL Front.jpg
    Acura 05 TL Front.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 715
  • Acura 05 TL Back.jpg
    Acura 05 TL Back.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 728
Wow, i didnt realize there are so many sampler DVD-A discs out there. Can anyone tell me where I can buy these? or get a copy of these? Some of those sampler discs look awesome. I have the sampler for TL and RDX. Thanks in advanced.

Wow, i didnt realize there are so many sampler DVD-A discs out there. Can anyone tell me where I can buy these? or get a copy of these? Some of those sampler discs look awesome. I have the sampler for TL and RDX. Thanks in advanced.

Your only shot is to watch eBay/Amazon, etc, and be on the lookout for these discs, as they do show up from time to time.

"I Will Play Music on My DVD Player" Immergent/Silverline 2001 Mine came from Tower and they pasted a sticker over the front cover. Perhaps one day, I'll post a pic. Aaron Neville, Glen Phillips, Mozart-LSO, Venice Underground, Bird 3 and Big Phat Band. One of the few Silverlines that's actually in REAL SURROUND. It has a great Stereo/5.1 comparison track. BREATHTAKING!!

Linda

The post at #4 Yes sampler

This came with my JVC xv-sa75gd dvd audio player, my 1st, bought new from
j&r. There were 2 in the carton with the player, the other is below this.
Not a bad deal, I still have it as backup. Ithink it was $180.00 then

Been looking for this for a long time, can anyone here help me out? I'm really only interested in the Blondie track. Thanks!

I can't supply a photo but I can tell you that the Fly Like an Eagle track is not the DTS version. It sounds closer to the DD take. Monday Morning is the studio version. A slightly different mix than the stereo version.

That was my reaction as well. The 5.1 mix on the 2008 Acura Demo Disc is different than the DTS Music CD release.

Back