GROOVE ARMADA

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't know Groove Armada had any multi-channel releases, especially no SACD releases that I am aware of. However, their music would be perfect for multi-channel! I love Groove Armada and have been listening to "Goodbye Country (Hello Nightclub)" through my Sansui QSD-1 and it sounds awesome!

Groove Armada has released 2 Multichannel SACDs in the U.K. - Love Box and Goodbye Country.

Wow, really? Looks like I haven't been paying much attention! I'll be hunting down those bad boys!

Yea these sound like what I think we should have more of on SACD. So why are they not in North America. Welcome to the high prices of imports:mad:

Okay, today's task was to order both Groove Armada SACD titles. I went with my two foreign order standards: amazon.co.uk and hmv.com. Wouldn't you know it but neither company had both titles in stock but they each had one that other company did not have. In other words, I had to order from both companies to get both titles (well, I could have looked elsewhere but I was too lazy). Anyway, we're talking $26.00/$27.00 per title. Ouch. Why the hell don't they release these in the states? Anyway, I couldn't justify the postage for one title from each company, so I just had to pick up some other foreign only stuff, including a stack o' vinyl and the Deep Puple LSO on both DVD-A and SACD (I know, it's a terrible sickness I have).

In any event, regarding the Deep Purple LSO, does anyone know which came first, the chicken or the egg. Er, I mean, was the DVD-A done through a DSD-PCM conversion or was the SACD done through a PCM-DSD conversion? Or, were both mastered for their prospective formats from the analog masters? Inquiring minds want to know!

Alright, back on track, I can't wait to check out Groove Armada on multi-channel SACD! I'll be sure to report back once I have them.

I think you would love the Slovo sacd. A chilled out disc with some great female vocals. It changes from song to song, almost sounds like a compilation. I got mine on E-bay from england. It was a promo. but a great mix of new sounds

Hey "Goodbye Country" SACD is my favorite right now, great mix. I went to my local HMV and they said they could order "Love Box" for $48 CDN. I said I would look online.
How is Love Box ???????????????????????????????????

Well, haven't heard "Love Box" yet... still waiting for it to come in from Amazon U.K. Dang, those overseas outfits sure do take their time...

I FINALLY received my order from HMV Canada, including the "Goodbye Country" multi-channel SACD. Wow, very, very, very cool! Definitely worth seeking out, in my opinion.

Interesting.

FYI, Jive/Zomba UK has just announced that a third Groove Armada Multichannel SACD "Vertigo" will be coming out this year as well.

True for some of the overseas stores. Although I did get pretty fast service when ordering Frankie Goes to Hollywood on Multichannel SACD direct from ZTT Records.

And I also find the service is pretty good when you pay for air shipments at the Super Audio CD Shop in Austria at www.superaudio-cd.com/

Damn, just heard the last track from Vertigo at the airport and Shazam’d it to find out who it was by, five mins later I’m like “wha?!?!?!” to see a MCH SACD exists. Must find out more info! Can anyone summarize which releases are available from these guys in surround and which are relatively easy to find/purchase?

Love their remix of Sex in the City theme but to date that’s all I knew of them.

Damn, just heard the last track from Vertigo at the airport and Shazam’d to find out who it was by, five mins later I’m like “wha?!?!?!” to see a MCH SACD exists. Must find out more info! Can anyone summarize which releases are available from these guys in surround and which are relatively easy to find/purchase?

Love their remix of Sex in the City theme but to date that’s all I knew of them.
Hi there. They have released Vertigo, Love Box and Goodbye Country, Hello nightclub in multichannel SACD. They are all reasonably expensive to pick up these days…

Damn, just heard the last track from Vertigo at the airport and Shazam’d it to find out who it was by, five mins later I’m like “wha?!?!?!” to see a MCH SACD exists. Must find out more info! Can anyone summarize which releases are available from these guys in surround and which are relatively easy to find/purchase?

Might want to read the comments on Vertigo from this other thread before you drop big bucks on it. I don’t own the disc, but it doesn’t sound like it’s got a great mix from others! Also check out the Poll thread.

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...ertigo-on-multichannel-sacd.1927/#post-682133

Back