Diana Krall

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

jef

Just wondering what the opinion is on the multi-channel Look of Love release.

I have not had a chance to listen to the entire album yet ... but so far my only complaint is that her voice is not showcased in the mix as much as I would have liked. It comes through the front three speakers but somehow it seems lost in the mix to me at times (really noticed it on Cry Me a River).

The orchestra is mixed exquisitely ... it really comes alive.

Yeah, I'm Canadian and I think Diana is very annoying. She is not a partcularly good singer either. Put her with Shania, nice to look at but turn down the volume.

I think both of the Diana Krall Multichannel SACDs are good. I'd recommend them if you like Krall's music.

I think both the Krall SACD's are quite good. I also happen to enjoy her as an artist. I guess it's fashionable these days to bash vocalists of her ilk (e.g. Norah Jones) but I find her music quit enthralling.

Both are must have Multichannel SACDs for Krall fans. They are also very good on some of the newer, high end SACD players and systems - such as the Meitner.

Back