PF DSOTM SACD: label?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winopener

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Got my hands finally on the SACD.
My copy, which is a euro one, is on EMI label. Since i've always seen references by you USA guys as Sony, does the USA version appears as a Sony disc, or what else?

Thanks. Didn't knew if had been released as Capitol (as usual) or EMI licensed it to Sony for the special occasion (as they did with the OMR releases).
BTW, i got my ears on the stereo mix (now i'm out of my SACD-enabled area) and... i'm not sure i will like it. For example Clare Torry is submerged by some keyboard excess.
Got to compare it to the OMR release, but i strongly suspect that the JG remix will be not at the same level of the orginal one. Kinda sad...

<<BTW, i got my ears on the stereo mix (now i'm out of my SACD-enabled area) and... i'm not sure i will like it.>>

FYI, Guthrie didn't do any stereo remixing for this version. The stereo version (both the redbook layer and the SACD stereo layer) is just a remaster of the existing stereo mix - the same one that's been issued and reissued a thousand times already.

Back