Quad LP/Tape Poll Coryell, Larry: Offering [SQ]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate "Offering"

• 10: Great Sound, Great Mix, Great Content

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 5: So-so

• 1: Bad Sound, Bad Mix, Bad Content

• Total voters

EMB

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Vanguard VSQ-40013, from 1972.

Side 1:

1. Foreplay
2. Ruminations
3. Scotland

Side 2:

1. Offering
2. The Meditation Of November 8th
3. Beggar's Chant

ED :)

:confused:

Could it be perhaps that the CD re-issue (VMD 73319), released by Comet Records (www.cometrecords.com), did use the quad version and that on the CD the encoding is still intact? From listening to it (I have used Luceanu's SQ script) I would think so .... Please, feel free to check the attached sample.

:sun

Attachments

• sample.mp3
    469 KB · Views: 93
  • pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 206
While that is possible, a regular stereo master was also made at the same time (and probably first), so more likely it's stereo, not SQ. But of course the only way to be sure is to snag a copy and feed it through a decoder and hear what's what. Anyone willing to give it a go? :D

While that is possible, a regular stereo master was also made at the same time (and probably first), so more likely it's stereo, not SQ. But of course the only way to be sure is to snag a copy and feed it through a decoder and hear what's what. Anyone willing to give it a go? :D

Thanks, Ed! (y)

Before you snag it, you might also consider to give it a try first and to feed the mp3 sample (30 sec snippet, made from the CD source, which is unprocessed and not decoded), which I had attached to my previous post through your decoder.

:phones

Back