MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray-A, Concert or Music-Related?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nirvana - Live at the Paramount October 31, 1991 - Seattle, WA

terrific video and audio quality . wouldn't know it was 20 years old

1080p 16:9 widescreen

Dts-HD Master Audio PCM 5.1

FIGHT COMPRESSION

Last edited:
Live in Concert - Steve Winwood
Live in Concert - Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
Live in Concert - Peter Cetera & Amy Grant
2 Concerts-A Tribute to Motown Live/Michael McDonald Live w/Tom Johnston, Pat Simmons, Ashford & Simpson, Billy Preston, India Arie, Toni Braxton, Take 6

Musicares Tribute to Neil Young (A disc I reviewed and sold shortly afterward. It was passable, but something of a mixed bag.)

Nine Inch Nails Live: Beside You In Time (Great mix my Elliot Scheiner, and a wonderfully intense concert from Trent Reznor and company.)

Steve Wilson - Grace for Drowning bluray. Dare I say it, there are artists I prefer to SW/PT, but the stunning quality of their high res recordings... fantastic stuff.

Richard Thompson Band - Celtic Connections Live (Eagle Rock)
Santana Greatest Hits - Live in Montreux (Eagle Rock)

2 of the more recent released from Eagle Rock. I had high hopes for the Richard Thompson disc, and while the playing, as always is stellar, the whole affair left me slightly disappointed - not great, not bad but I doesn't bode well for repeated listens - at least until I've listened to it a few more times ;).

I was a little leery of the Santana title because I have a few of his other Montreux titles and was not impressed. After listening to the first 2 tracks, the first, a free jazz, Albert Ayleresque squonkfest that was just plain awful, followed by a Hip Hop version AC/DC's "Back in Black" - not good - I was ready to fill out my Amazon Return request. Thankfully, the band kicked that bullshit to the side and started to PLAY - The band is smokin' and Santana is in fine form. There are one or 2 moments when you think he'll go on forever with one of his mystical musings but he keeps that to a minimum. His new wife , Cindy Blackman, plays drums on one track - she's adequate, but she's no Dennis Chambers. Her "solo" is a bit self indulgent, but it ends soon enough. Derek Trucks and Susan Tedeschi join the band for a few tracks and they are stellar players and voices. The sound is spectacular - virtually no crowd noise and a purposeful 5.1 DTS HD MA mix. (y)

I know the sound quality on the CD is fantastic. How is the sound quality on the Blu-ray?

Features 2 surround mixes - the theatrical film mix and the "studio remix" version - the studio surround mix is excellent (IMO) - surrounds are used effectively - one of my favorite BD titles!

Scorpions Live In 3D[i'm taking the disc back to where I bought it due to the audio cutting in and out starting on track 14]......Santana-Greatest Hits Live In Montreux

Roxy Music and T Rex live on German TV dvd. The Roxy segment is fantastic. Six songs, 5 with brian Eno that make this a must purchase for fans.

Back