What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought the last MCH Dylan I needed today for 8.99 Bringing It All Back Home. They had all of the stereo Dylans used in the rack. I also saw the dvda of Tommy. I have the sacd of Tommy so the dvda was an easy pass. I never bought the stereo Dylans because I had the cds. Should I go pack and purchase the stereo Dylans or the Tommy dvda. Dylans were all 8.99 and Tommy 14.99.

No way should you pay $14.99 for a used Tommy dvd-audio. That's a very common item and not even out of print. Even FYE sells them used for around $10. And you have the SACD so why?

As for the stereo Dylans wait for the new MFSL SACDs.

No way should you pay $14.99 for a used Tommy dvd-audio. That's a very common item and not even out of print. Even FYE sells them used for around $10. And you have the SACD so why?

As for the stereo Dylans wait for the new MFSL SACDs.

isn't there a unique (video) interview with Pete Townshend on the DVDA that doesn't appear anywhere else? might make it worth getting if you're a big Who fan?

I'll Play The Blues For You - Albert King (SACD).

Has a Multichannel sticker on the front but the listing on sa-cd.net says its Stereo only.. I hope sa-cd.net got it wrong of course but even if it is only stereo, it's such a nice album (and the SACD was cheap!) I don't really care! :D

It's 2ch. Don't blame the messenger.

I'll Play The Blues For You - Albert King (SACD).

Has a Multichannel sticker on the front but the listing on sa-cd.net says its Stereo only.. I hope sa-cd.net got it wrong of course but even if it is only stereo, it's such a nice album (and the SACD was cheap!) I don't really care! :D

Finally found a couple copies of Lynyrd Skynyrd - Southern Surroundings DVDA at the fourth walmart I checked. It sounds great. Really like it.

Just got this package in may oofice from Amazon UK

The Beatles - Love
ELO- First Light

and DTS Surround Music - Mozart Classics (I know it probably wont be incredible.. but i was ver tempted for 10 pounds and 2 ponds shipping to Chile Its supposed to e DVDA/V but I dont know the quality

The DTS Mozart disc is probably very good. After you've auditioned it, could you please rate the fidelity, mix and performance?

Thanks.

Just got this package in may oofice from Amazon UK

The Beatles - Love
ELO- First Light

and DTS Surround Music - Mozart Classics (I know it probably wont be incredible.. but i was ver tempted for 10 pounds and 2 ponds shipping to Chile Its supposed to e DVDA/V but I dont know the quality

Its actually pretty beautiful, Im not an expert in fidelity (my setup is really really bad, Im planning on investing in a good setup, but have to save some more for it)

Im playing it in 5.1 DTS

The performance Is very good, its really good music. Not Mozart greatest hits thou, but good music. Im playing it right now... before bedtime for my 2 year old lady and shes very quiet listening to it.
The mix is also very good, Its the first Calssical music I listen in 5.1, and Im loving it. Listening to the violins fly from the rears is great...

Its really not pricy and for the 10 bucks, Its a nice addition...

here is the link at amazon UK

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B000A2H9M0/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new
Here's the info:

TRACK INFORMATION
1. Concerto for Piano no 22 in E flat major, K 482: 2nd movement, Andante
2. Symphony no 35 in D major, K 385 "Haffner": 2nd movement, Andante
3. Serenade no 13 in G major, K 525 "Eine kleine Nachtmusik": 4th movement, Rondo
4. Concerto for Flute and Harp in C major, K 299 (297c): 2nd movement, Andantino
5. Symphony no 5 in B flat major, K 22: 1st movement, Allegro
6. Symphony no 28 in C major, K 200 (189k): 2nd movement, Andante
7. Symphony no 39 in E flat major, K 543: 3rd movement, Minuet
8. Concerto for Piano no 21 in C major, K 467: 2nd movement, Andante
9. Concerto for Clarinet in A major, K 622: 2nd movement, Adagio
10. Symphony no 41 in C major, K 551 "Jupiter": 3rd movement, Menuetto
11. Serenade no 13 in G major, K 525 "Eine kleine Nachtmusik": 2nd movement, Romanza
12. Symphony no 27 in G major, K 199 (161b): 1st movement, Allegro

AUDIO OPTIONS:
5.1 MLP for DVD-Audio Players; 5.1 DTS for DTS-Capable systems; 2.0 PCM for all DVD-Video players

holy crap--- The Beatles - Love is really amazing!!! I cant believe what Ive been missing all this time!!! thank god I entered QQ and listened to you guys advice!!!!

BIG WOW!!

Engelsstaub - Anderswelt (DTS-CD)
Kollerband - Kollerband (DTS-DVD)
Fairport Convention - Close To The Wind (DVD-A)
Studio Voodoo - Studio Voodoo (DVD-A)

Oxygene - Jean Michel Jarre (2D DVD with DTS 5.1 studio album mix).

Thank you Lizard King for all the info on this one. Very much looking forward to hearing the surround here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back