What's the Latest Stereo (or Mono) SACD in Your Collection?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to know the Stray Cats isn't as good. I was thinking about that one.

Got this SHM SACD today from Japan (in 3 days).

Attachments

• ems_tracking_asia.jpg
    ems_tracking_asia.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 153
A couple of collections showed up today. Regarding the one I've played Light My Fire and Blinded By The Light both have a bit of an edge on them. Had to turn the volume down a bit.

Confirmed on the SH forum that Slow Ride is a short version. No excuse for that. The playing time of the disk 79 mins. would prevent the long version from fitting on the rbcd layer but they could have fit it on the SACD layer. SH has tended to use long versions in the past so what's with the change now?

Attachments

• two_sacd_collections.jpg
    two_sacd_collections.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 136
Based on your recommendation, I will get the BDA of "The Extraordinary Nat King Cole" when it comes out and see how it sounds.. it might just be from the same source as the DSD D/L :)

There are fewer cuts on that one.

I have the other one(crank it up) on pre-order on amazon, what exactly do you mean by having a bit of edge on them?

I was going to buy the Crank It Up (it's got EJ/Daniel on it) but Amazon UK want £30 ... Thirty bloody pounds!? That's outrageous! I'll wait til I can find it for closer to the $30 it RRP's for Stateside.

I was going to buy the Crank It Up (it's got EJ/Daniel on it) but Amazon UK want £30 ... Thirty bloody pounds!? That's outrageous! I'll wait til I can find it for closer to the $30 it RRP's for Stateside.

The people in the UK usually get inflated prices, I mean you guys did have the Beatles and James Bond, you had to know there would be a price for all those riches:phones. I paid $22.48 for that one which included delivery.

From Audio Fidelity....

14464758436_30cf05776d.jpg
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5473/14486615734_b1c1239079.jpg[/IM

I have ordered both of the Legend Series discs, PLEASE let us know how they sound. The only real input I have seen is from SHF and it's more in the realm of hero worship not disc evaluation. Everytime a question is asked about the discs all you get is a testimonial about SH, I guess he's part Gandhi and part Jack Bauer!

Yes! (y)

soundboy, could you let me know how Daniel sounds on the Crank It Up! SACD please?

Is it bright and lean (like the MCA CD) or warm and wooly (like the DJM CD)..? Nobody at the SHF can give me a straight answer as to how it sounds.. and I've asked there more than once now! :mad:@:

From Audio Fidelity....

I have ordered both of the Legend Series discs, PLEASE let us know how they sound. The only real input I have seen is from SHF and it's more in the realm of hero worship not disc evaluation. Everytime a question is asked about the discs all you get is a testimonial about SH, I guess he's part Gandhi and part Jack Bauer![/QUOTE]

I've ordered both from importcds :) I can't be bothered posting more there at the moment, not good for my bloodpressure! :p

Yes! (y)

soundboy, could you let me know how Daniel sounds on the Crank It Up! SACD please?

Is it bright and lean (like the MCA CD) or warm and wooly (like the DJM CD)..? Nobody at the SHF can give me a straight answer as to how it sounds.. and I've asked there more than once now! :mad:@:

I'll open it up tonight and give it a spin.

Yes! (y)

I'm not soundboy but I played Daniel this morning. It plays for about 3:50 and sounds better than I've ever heard it. Not bright at all. Never had either of those CDs though. I did have it on a reel years ago.

Police got here in 3 day from Japan, although HMV Japan gouged me on shipping (1600 yen!). CD Japan charge 400 yen less for shipping. But HMV had a sale price so I came out ahead, just slightly. I've got 3 Police SHM SACD now.

Attachments

• police_shm_sacd_reggatta.jpg
    police_shm_sacd_reggatta.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
From Audio Fidelity....

I have ordered both of the Legend Series discs, PLEASE let us know how they sound. The only real input I have seen is from SHF and it's more in the realm of hero worship not disc evaluation. Everytime a question is asked about the discs all you get is a testimonial about SH, I guess he's part Gandhi and part Jack Bauer![/QUOTE]

I ordered both those discs; one from amazon(Crank It Up)and one from importcds(Get It On) and today I got a shipping notice on my order from importcds. For those who are keeping score at home importcds won this round, here are the results[URL="http://www.importcds.com/music/2774169/get-it-on"]=importcds[/URL] and [URL="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JPFTQG0/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_7?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER"]amazon[/URL] it's bad enough that amazon lost the price comparison but losing the shipping date by a wide margin makes it one sided on that disc.

Back