What's the Latest Stereo (or Mono) SACD in Your Collection?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These two showed up today after a postal delay.

SURPRISE: The Cars comes with a booklet.

sacd_fronts.jpg

sacd_backs.jpg

Picked this one up at my po box today. It had been sitting there for about a week. The disk really is made in Japan. It does not say Sony DADC on the disk like the ones made in Austria.

This SACD is missing text and just displays "NO TEXT" on my Marantz machine. The first track Let's Stick Together is fantastic... continuing on.

ferry_disk.jpg

Last edited:
The disk really is made in Japan. It does not say Sony DADC on the disk like the ones made in Austria.

Check the IFPI number on the gold side of the SACD. That identifies the plant where the SACD was made.

This arrived today. You can tell it came from importcds... see the clue?

front.jpg

back.jpg

Kinda ironic that the recent SACD releases from HK Sony Music weren't pressed by Sony in Japan.

Sony Digital Audio Disc Corp (Sony DADC) determines which plant an SACD is made at when the orders come in.
In the past year, pretty much everything has been sent to the Sony DADC plant in Austria for manufacturing.

Sony DADC has pressing equipment that handles SACD, CD & DVD Video discs at several plants.
So they can activate those if the need or demand requires it.

I'm surprised we're now seeing SACDs from Sony DADC Japan as well as Sony DADC Austria.
Cupboy's detective work indicates that is now the case.

Soundboy, I'd be very interested in your mini review of Anne Murray's duets as I have it on pre~order from ImportCD (currently back~ordered).

Thanks in advance.

Here's one from a Music Direct order that I requested to be cancelled but they shipped out anyway.

levee.jpg

Says multichannel on the disk, but I checked and it's stereo only.

disk.jpg

Here's one from a Music Direct order that I requested to be cancelled but they shipped out anyway.

levee.jpg

Says multichannel on the disk, but I checked and it's stereo only.

disk.jpg

Yes, Cboy, STEREO only but I like it. She does a great job and there are some tasty instrumental solos strewn throughout. Audiophile LED ZEP....on a budget!

I don't buy stereo only sacd all that often, but I read this one was an improvement over the original and boy, this is eargasm. Amazing job with the fidelity here.

image.jpg

This showed up today from Hong Kong. The Belafonte track seems to be in stereo. If it's rechanneled it could fool me. AF put the Calypso SACD out in mono so I was surprised to hear the song in stereo.
bestfolk_front.jpg

bestfolk_back.jpg

bestfolk_disk.jpg

Back