Alan Parsons confirmed the Eye In The Sky MCH mix!!!!! :) :)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As with TALES, it was through Alan Parson's intervention that a stand alone BD~A materialized so I'm hoping that the same effort will take effect with EYE. No offense, but I really ONLY want the 5.1 remix and could do without the extras.

In almost every instance I can think of, I've paid just as much money for a single Blu-Ray disc as I have for the inexpensive CD/Blu-Ray combo sets (i.e. ones with standard packaging) so I personally prefer the latter option, but we're getting way ahead of ourselves here.
Let's just be happy there's a 5.1 mix on the way and hope that there will be an inexpensive buying option for all.

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In almost every instance I can think of, I've paid just as much money for a single Blu-Ray disc as I have for the inexpensive CD/Blu-Ray combo sets (i.e. ones with standard packaging) so I personally prefer the latter option, but we're getting way ahead of ourselves here.
Let's just be happy there's a 5.1 mix on the way and hope that there will be an inexpensive buying option for all.

You have NO idea how ecstatic I am that EYE is being released in 5.1. I recently posted on another thread that 2017 was turning out to be a lackluster year for pre~announced Hi Res Surround titles and now we're not only getting APP but LOTUS as well. I have little doubt that APP is on a ROLL and we'll see more surround AP titles in the coming months/years!

And whether it's a coincidence or not, I think QuadraphonicQuad Forum is read worldwide by the likes of SONY Japan, as well....among MANY others in the decision making capacity.

Actually, "Eye in the Sky" was recorded on multitrack analogue tape and then mixed to digital tape.
So in order to mix the album in 5.1, Alan Parsons will have to go back to the multitrack tape, and since it is analogue, that should mean no digital cutoff on the new 5.1 mix! :)

Thanks RT...well, EVEN BETTER!!!!

I guess I'm the only one who has no interest in Eye In The Sky. I never cared for that one, or Friendly Card. I LOVE Eve, which nobody ever mentions. Everything after Eve has no appeal to me. I only like his first 4 albums. Is there anybody out there...anyone at all...who agrees even just a little bit??

The only reason I'm happy to hear about EITS is that it gives me hope that I Robot, Pyramid and Eve will eventually receive the same treatment.

I guess I'm the only one who has no interest in Eye In The Sky. I never cared for that one, or Friendly Card. I LOVE Eve, which nobody ever mentions. Everything after Eve has no appeal to me. I only like his first 4 albums. Is there anybody out there...anyone at all...who agrees even just a little bit??

The only reason I'm happy to hear about EITS is that it gives me hope that I Robot, Pyramid and Eve will eventually receive the same treatment.

I'm listening to "Eve" again right now, but honestly, when I heard it for the first time this week, there was not much on that record that really stood out to me, although I really love "Damned If I Do".
On the other hand, I consider "Turn of a Friendly Card" and "Eye in the Sky" to be the pinnacles of the APP catalogue.
Almost everything on those records is amazing, and so far, I have not heard a more impressive APP track than "Silence & I".
So I am thrilled beyond belief that "Eye in the Sky" will be the first APP record from the Arista label to be mixed in 5.1 surround!
(I am also a really big fan of "I Robot" and "Pyramid" has a bunch of good moments on it too.)

I'm listening to "Eve" again right now, but honestly, when I heard it for the first time this week, there was not much on that record that really stood out to me, although I really love "Damned If I Do".
On the other hand, I consider "Turn of a Friendly Card" and "Eye in the Sky" to be the pinnacles of the APP catalogue.
Almost everything on those records is amazing, and so far, I have not heard a more impressive APP track than "Silence & I".
So I am thrilled beyond belief that "Eye in the Sky" will be the first APP record from the Arista label to be mixed in 5.1 surround!
(I am also a really big fan of "I Robot" and "Pyramid" has a bunch of good moments on it too.)

I find this really interesting. Damned If I Do is the ONE song on Eve that I usually hit the skip button on. It's a good song, but since it used to get so much radio airplay I'm bored with it. Best songs on Eve for me are Lucifer and I'd Rather Be A Man. Also, I love most of APP's instrumentals, but the only two I don't like are Sirius and Mammagamma. To me they both sound like they were composed by a non-musical teenager on an iPad using a free app ;)

On a similar note, my favorite Yes album is Drama, which is almost universally derided by Yes fans! I must be some kind of oddball.

I find this really interesting. Damned If I Do is the ONE song on Eve that I usually hit the skip button on. It's a good song, but since it used to get so much radio airplay I'm bored with it. Best songs on Eve for me are Lucifer and I'd Rather Be A Man. Also, I love most of APP's instrumentals, but the only two I don't like are Sirius and Mammagamma. To me they both sound like they were composed by a non-musical teenager on an iPad using a free app ;)

On a similar note, my favorite Yes album is Drama, which is almost universally derided by Yes fans! I must be some kind of oddball.

I just listened to "Eve" again, and you are right that "Lucifer" is a very good instrumental, and the song that follows ("You Lie Down With Dogs") is also good too. I can do without "I'd Rather Be A Man".

Funny story. For a long time, I lived in or near New Orleans, and my father has had New Orleans Saints (NFL football team) season tickets since around 2002. Well for the longest time, the Saints have used "Sirius" as their run on to the field music, but it wasn't until last year that I discovered that it was an Alan Parsons Project song leading into "Eye in the Sky" (which I already knew), and I thought how cool and weird is that?!
Of all the music the Saints could choose to represent their run on to the field, they choose something from the Alan Parsons Project!

"Turn of a Friendly Card" was always my favorite. EITS always felt like
a bit of a retread to me and after that one I lost interest.

"I Robot" is great too. "Pyramid" and "Eve" have their moments, but not as many as the rest, IMO

But most of these "which album is the best" discussions often just come down to where you were in your own life when they were released. Which is why we will need all of them. :)

"Turn of a Friendly Card" was always my favorite. EITS always felt like
a bit of a retread to me and after that one I lost interest.

"I Robot" is great too. "Pyramid" and "Eve" have their moments, but not as many as the rest, IMO

But most of these "which album is the best" discussions often just come down to where you were in your own life when they were released. Which is why we will need all of them. :)

Damn straight!

I find that most Yes fans don't deride "Drama" as much as they resent it. They KNOW it's a very good album and much better than some of the Yes albums before it. They just hate that Jon Anderson wasn't involved in it.

I have had some conversations with Alan Parsons regarding MCH mixes of Turn, Eye, & Robot, as I was so taken by his mixing of On Air. At the time he did not seem to think that there would be enough interest to cover the expense of a re-mix. I am so Happy that the powers at be have reconsidered. So now, where does the line begin to purchase this!

I find that most Yes fans don't deride "Drama" as much as they resent it. They KNOW it's a very good album and much better than some of the Yes albums before it. They just hate that Jon Anderson wasn't involved in it.

It's much better than "Tormato" but I definitely find "Drama" pales in comparison to their great run from 1971-1977, encompassing everything from "The Yes Album" to "Going for the One".

Now, can we get back on topic? ;)

Usually don't listen to music in stereo these days, but the awesome news made me set the pre/pro in 11 channel stereo mode and open the The Alan Parsons Project directory in my ripped cd collection :)

alan_zpsenetoxp1.jpg

Since Spock is listening to I Robot, I'll just mention that I bought one of the limited-edition MoFi SACDs of that album. Not only does it sound glorious in stereo, but I played it in DPLII several nights ago, and 30 minutes into it I was startled when I remembered I was listening in fake surround. It really sounds discrete, and so much cleaner than the redbook version.

Since Spock is listening to I Robot, I'll just mention that I bought one of the limited-edition MoFi SACDs of that album. Not only does it sound glorious in stereo, but I played it in DPLII several nights ago, and 30 minutes into it I was startled when I remembered I was listening in fake surround. It really sounds discrete, and so much cleaner than the redbook version.

Did you ever get the opportunity to compare it to the stereo DVD-A version? Just wondering if there is an appreciable difference.

I want his post Project album "Try Anything Once" in 5.1. That album is amazing and a sonic masterpiece.

Back