MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray-A, Concert or Music-Related?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Early Years 1965 - 1972 - Pink Floyd 34 disc Definitive Collection includes:
12 CDs, 8 Blu-ray's, 9 DVDs, 5 seven-inch vinyl singles, collectible memorabilia includes posters, flyers, tour programs, tickets, press advertisements, etc.

Early Years includes an extra piece of the band's history: it now also includes a supplementary disc featuring the band's seminal Live At Pompeii concert as a 2016 audio mix (see notes below). (We already have Pompeii on DVD and VCD.) It has not been released on an official CD before.
Total Box Run Time: 14 + hours of video, 12 + hours of audio (made up of 130+ tracks).

"Replacement CD" packaged w/box: Obscured 2016 mix. The CD packaged w/box is described in the book as being Obscured. In fact, it is the 2016 remix of Pompeii.

scrapeblucover_63e12e3a409ec150daa0a1ad07888409.jpg

Disappointing picture quality and many drops in the surround sound...(n)

Eric Clapton - Live in San Diego ( with special guest JJ Cale ) Bluray
I have this on high res files already from HDtracks but couldn´t resist buying it on Bluray.
I think this is one of the best recorded Clapton concerts ever!
Considering how many there are on audio and film that means a lot.
This tour he in the band Derek Trucks on slide.
I think that was the reason for including many tracks from the Layla album as Derek could play Duane Allmans part really well.
The stereo track is awesome.
The surround is OK but i would have liked to have the guitar with more punch as on the stereo track.

Question: I'm thinking of purchasing Talking Heads "Stop Making Sense" on Blu-ray; it says that it includes a "DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 Feature Film Mix" and a "DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 Studio Mix". Can anyone comment on these mixes?

Question: I'm thinking of purchasing Talking Heads "Stop Making Sense" on Blu-ray; it says that it includes a "DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 Feature Film Mix" and a "DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 Studio Mix". Can anyone comment on these mixes?
Both are discrete. Despite the description both are more than worthy and I find it comes down to my mood at the time when deciding which one to listen to.

I had this on DVD for years - and many describe it as their favorite concert disc. In my opinion the DVD-HD Master Audio was a significant upgrade in quality over the DVD.

If you have even an inkling of interest in the 'Heads, this may be one of the best purchases you ever make.

Sent from my Elephone_P3000S using Tapatalk

Something old, something new, something green and something blue!
Found a new vendor and this haul got me free shipping - fortunately, Simple Minds disc is the corrected one. :smokin

tt.jpg

Great show, great band - god awful 5.1 mix. I was curious when I saw Bob Ludwig as being credited with the 5.1 mix - Ludwig is one of the premier mastering engineers- and has been for some time. I am not aware of his mixing work especially in 5.1 but this in a word SUCKS! I did not expect a discrete mix and this certainly isn't - it's basically of TON of reverb in rears rendering the entire performance unlistenable - it might as well be mono. This is a big band with a horn section - alot going on - and it just comes out as cacophony. What a big disappointment. The LPCM 2.0 mix is much better but I can't even bring myself to listen anymore at this point.

clapton.jpg

Now this is a pleasant surprise - a great band with a lovely mid set interlude with JJ Cale - loosey goosey but the real deal. The 5.1 mix is by Simon Climie and while not entirely discrete, the rears offer great support for the vocals. This is a powerhouse lineup - perhaps one of Clapton's best. The connector here is Derek Trucks who shines here while being done in on the aforementioned release.

I found the two mixes weren't that different from each other. For the "studio" mix vocals and things like percussion were more distinct but otherwise both were standard band in front, ambience in rear.

I found the two mixes weren't that different from each other. For the "studio" mix vocals and things like percussion were more distinct but otherwise both were standard band in front, ambience in rear.

Thank You! I only wanted to purchase this one if it had discrete elements in the rear... you saved me some money!

Just picked up the Blu-ray of Regina Spektor's "Live on Soundstage," a recording of a live show from last summer. The disc features a 2-channel stereo mix and a 5.1 DTS Master Audio mix. The DTS-MA mix is 48khz and around 3Mb/s. Picture quality is really good, but a couple of a cameras have a stuck pixel. Why do I always notice these things on a first viewing? It makes it impossible to ever unsee it.

The disc is available with or without a CD. The version without a CD is only about $11 while the version with is about double that. There's also a DVD/CD version available signed by Regina for $17 from Newbury Comics.

Steve Hackett - The Night Siren bluray. Hopefully I'll be able to listen to this later this evening.

Yes, please report back as to the quality of the surround mix. If it's actually a good, discrete surround mix, I'm all in!
If it's like "Wolflight", I'll sit it out... ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back