Barclay James Harvest (3 CD +1 5.1 DVD Box Set)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suspect mine will take a while too, coming from Burning Shed to the US...with just basic shipping/no tracking. Fine by me - been forever anyway. I guess when I get back from Chile, it will be in my mail box.

Not sure if this was posted elsewhere, but here's a good layout of the new 3-disc set:
17800437_1701427979884336_680790022293884985_n.jpg

:)

xii_zpstz3tius2.jpg

On my system the vocals/center channel was to loud. I used Audacity and lowered the center channel by 6 dB on all tracks except tracks 2 and 7. Now it's perfect IMO.

Also read (on BJH forum) that Octoberon is going to released in july :)

On my system the vocals/center channel was to loud. I used Audacity and lowered the center channel by 6 dB on all tracks except tracks 2 and 7. Now it's perfect IMO.

Also read (on BJH forum) that Octoberon is going to released in july :)

Given what happened to Woolly I am surprised this is getting a reissue with 5.1 mix Great Album though

O.K. BJH fans......leaving out "Once Again", which of these other three releases is the most musically consistent LP, i.e. no fodder? Most interesting or challenging?
Since they are still available at the Shed I'll take a shot. Thanks.

O.K. BJH fans......leaving out "Once Again", which of these other three releases is the most musically consistent LP, i.e. no fodder? Most interesting or challenging?

I would say Everyone is Everybody Else is the most enduring and listenable of the three, followed by Gone to Earth. However, it is also the least challenging, as its songs seem more derivative of other songs/groups of that era.

Thanks for the reply, I'll get both while they are still available. Its been so long since I listened to them....I do recall liking "Once Again". Now if only they bring all the Fireballet discography back into production. :D

Personally I think Everyone Is Everybody Else is the best one of the three, it's just a shame they couldn't mix For No One in 5.1 and didn't even try a Penteo upmix or even just add the stereo version at the end...

"Octoberon" is due to be released as a 2CD/DVD deluxe edition on July 14th.
http://www.bjharvest.co.uk/s-octoberon-deluxe.htm

Tracklistings:

CD 1 (24-bit remastered original stereo mix):
The World Goes On (Les Holroyd)
May Day (John Lees)
Ra (Stuart Wolstenholme)
Rock n’ Roll Star (Les Holroyd)
Polk Street Rag (John Lees)
Believe in Me (Les Holroyd)
Suicide? (John Lees)

Bonus tracks:
Rock n’ Roll Star (first mix) (Les Holroyd)
Polk Street Rag (early mix) (John Lees)
Ra (early mix) (Stuart Wolstenholme)
Suicide? (early mix) (John Lees)

CD 2 (new stereo mix):
May Day (John Lees)
Ra (Stuart Wolstenholme)
Suicide? (John Lees)

Bonus tracks:
Rock 'N' Roll Star (Marquee studios version – for Top Of The Pops) (Les Holroyd)
May Day (alternate intro version) (John Lees)

DVD (new 5.1 surround sound mix, 96 kHz /24-bit new stereo mix, 96 kHz /24-bit original album mix)
May Day (John Lees)
Ra (Stuart Wolstenholme)
Suicide? (John Lees)

Bonus track:
May Day (alternate intro version) (John Lees)

Video Content:
Rock n’ Roll Star (Polydor promotional film) (Les Holroyd)
The World Goes On (Polydor promotional film) (Les Holroyd)
(as broadcast on The Old Grey Whistle Test, BBC TV – 1st March 1977)

Due out in July 2017, the deluxe 2CD and DVD edition of the band's 1976 studio album comprises new 5.1 surround sound remixes from the original multi-track tapes, new stereo mixes, a new remaster of the original stereo mix and bonus tracks including two previous unavailable promotional videos. Presented in a five-way foldout digipack with new liner notes, expanded booklet and reproduction mini-poster.

:)

The bad news is that the band (and their management) confirmed to me on Facebook that "it has proved impossible to track down the original multi-track tapes of 'Time Honoured Ghosts', so there are no plans for a deluxe edition of that at the moment. Hopefully one day …"

They went on to say that "All the other [tapes] were in the Polydor/Universal archives, but not Ghosts, possibly because it was recorded and mixed in America."

Yerp me too, Octoberon was the first BJH I owned and it's still my favorite, so I didn't need to think twice about ordering from the shed, I can't wait to hear what's been done with Suicide?, :yikes such possibilities, I remember reading a review of the album, the reviewer asked "what are all those noises at the end":rolleyes: obviously didn't get it at all.

Yerp me too, Octoberon was the first BJH I owned and it's still my favorite, so I didn't need to think twice about ordering from the shed, I can't wait to hear what's been done with Suicide?, :yikes such possibilities, I remember reading a review of the album, the reviewer asked "what are all those noises at the end":rolleyes: obviously didn't get it at all.

BJH is another band I'd never even heard of till QQ. I currently own all of the surround releases to date and love them all and can't wait for any further releases. And, as with all the others, I will not be listening to any of the material till I get the surround. For me, it's like hearing a new band!

Further, none of my friends knew anything about BJH either...so not sure if they didn't have a footprint in the US midwest or what??

They were (still are - in both their 2 different guises) probably a very British band, Once Again was my first Quad LP I think, I got into them from friends at school in the early 70s lending me an LP can't remember which one, way too long ago! I saw John Lee's Barclay James Harvest in January, absolutely brilliant.

BJH is another band I'd never even heard of till QQ. I currently own all of the surround releases to date and love them all and can't wait for any further releases. And, as with all the others, I will not be listening to any of the material till I get the surround. For me, it's like hearing a new band!

Further, none of my friends knew anything about BJH either...so not sure if they didn't have a footprint in the US midwest or what??

Back