Tears for Fears - "The Seeds of Love" (Steven Wilson 5.1 Remix out on October 9th!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, the bad news is that the remixes for both "Roxy Music" and "The Seeds of Love" have been finished for quite some time (especially the former, which was finished almost five years ago) and neither one of them still have a release date set.
The good news is that the year is not over with yet, so there's still plenty of time for them to pop up before the year ends.
(Now of course if we get closer to October and there's still nothing, then yeah we'll probably have to wait until sometime in 2018 for both of them.)

Since Steven Wilson is now on a Universal label, it would be nice if he had more influence now to get these released, but that part of the equation will never change. If the artist and/or record label keep putting up road blocks and delays, that's just the way it is… :(

Yep, the bad news is that the remixes for both "Roxy Music" and "The Seeds of Love" have been finished for quite some time (especially the former, which was finished almost five years ago) and neither one of them still have a release date set.

Since Steven Wilson is now on a Universal label, it would be nice if he had more influence now to get these released, but that part of the equation will never change. If the artist and/or record label keep putting up road blocks and delays, that's just the way it is… :(

someone once explained to me, that is how the Diamond (A lady's best Friend) business works.

There are plenty of diamonds in storage, they aren't all that rare, it's just that the diamond industry releases them for sale a little at a time to artificially create "scarcity" and increase their perceived value and the price they can charge.

Something tells me the music biz has taken note of this. lol

someone once explained to me, that is how the Diamond (A lady's best Friend) business works.

There are plenty of diamonds in storage, they aren't all that rare, it's just that the diamond industry releases them for sale a little at a time to artificially create "scarcity" and increase their perceived value and the price they can charge.

Something tells me the music biz has taken note of this. lol

its a great analogy.. the trouble is while diamonds are forever, the fanbase of Tears For Fears (and just about any other rock/pop band except maybe The Beatles.. no, even The Beatles) has a finite lifespan.. (imho)

its a great analogy.. the trouble is while diamonds are forever, the fanbase of Tears For Fears (and just about any other rock/pop band except maybe The Beatles.. no, even The Beatles) has a finite lifespan.. (imho)

So sez The Pearl of the British Isles.......:spot

Paul Sinclair (editor of the SDE website and contributor to TFF boxsets) has mentioned that he has a test pressing of the Seeds blu ray. Not sure that means it's any closer to being issued, but it's a fun little tease at least. See this comment and his reply: http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/reviews/review-tears-for-fears-wake-up-to-the-love-as-they-return-to-the-london-stage/#comment-1373104

BASTARD!!!
PR*** TEASER!!!!
although , a glass master is a good thing..it means that they are ON THE WAYYYYYYYY!

DITTO, Kap. One of my all time favorite albums. Saw them perform LIVE recently and they haven't lost their touch, that's for sure.:banana:

Good to know! have tickets to see them in a couple of weeks with Hall & Oates. Prices are high and not really a fan of large venues any longer, but never have seen either act and you never know these days when it might be the last chance to see anyone, so I'm taking it!

BASTARD!!!
PR*** TEASER!!!!
although , a glass master is a good thing..it means that they are ON THE WAYYYYYYYY!

Hopefully this doesn't follow the Roxy Music release schedule but it might as Paul Sinclair said he has had the bluray for 18 months so sadly they are not in any hurry to get this out to us.

So while we wait for the Seeds of Love box to materialize, it looks like we will finally see some new TFF music released VERY soon. A new song, "I Love You But I'm Lost", will premier on BBC Radio 2 tomorrow morning at 7:30 AM. This hopefully means new album before the end of the year. About time! It's only been thirteen years since the last album! (But I guess that's working fast compared to Kate Bush, Peter Gabriel or Roger Waters, LOL!)

So while we wait for the Seeds of Love box to materialize, it looks like we will finally see some new TFF music released VERY soon. A new song, "I Love You But I'm Lost", will premier on BBC Radio 2 tomorrow morning at 7:30 AM. This hopefully means new album before the end of the year. About time! It's only been thirteen years since the last album! (But I guess that's working fast compared to Kate Bush, Peter Gabriel or Roger Waters, LOL!)

AFAIK, their new album will not be released this year.
This new song is one of two new songs on a new Tears for Fears compilation being released by Universal called “Rule the World”.
Still, hope it’s a great new song!
They were really great live this year touring with Hall & Oates so they can still play and sing really well for sure! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really looking forward to seeing them at the Royal Albert Hall on 27th!

Woman in Chains from Seeds of Love sounds great even in PLII, so I'm really looking forward to what SW has done with it.

I'm really looking forward to seeing them at the Royal Albert Hall on 27th!

Woman in Chains from Seeds of Love sounds great even in PLII, so I'm really looking forward to what SW has done with it.

THE WHOLE SOL LP sounds incredible in DPL II!!!!... I know it's not the same but that's why I'm not getting desperate...and , hint...I recommend-for your listening pleasure- to listen to it from a UK first pressing...night and day compared to the CD...

THE WHOLE SOL LP sounds incredible in DPL II!!!!... I know it's not the same but that's why I'm not getting desperate...and , hint...I recommend-for your listening pleasure- to listen to it from a UK first pressing...night and day compared to the CD...

Does that include the UK first issue of the CD? ...as opposed to later poorly mastered ones?

Does that include the UK first issue of the CD? ...as opposed to later poorly mastered ones?

Yeah, how do I know its a first pressing or not?

I bought the CD soon after release so should be OK?

Yeah, how do I know its a first pressing or not?

I bought the CD soon after release so should be OK?

This is the version to get.

R-8673204-1466348385-3731.jpeg.jpg

Last edited:
@SimonA So you are suggesting the best version of SOL is The Hurting? :) (Not that I disagree)

Love the original 7" of Pale Shelter, btw.

Every time this thread appears in the latest activity I jump a little at "Coming Soon" only to realise that this particular soon has long passed.

@SimonA So you are suggesting the best version of SOL is The Hurting? :) (Not that I disagree)

Love the original 7" of Pale Shelter, btw.

Every time this thread appears in the latest activity I jump a little at "Coming Soon" only to realise that this particular soon has long passed.

My apologies, I had misread the post as asking which version of the first album to get on CD. I've corrected my post.

Back