The Doors - The Singles (2CD/4.0 Blu-Ray set) coming soon!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Preorder with one finger on the cancel button!!! :mad:@:

Lotta of the Doors Single stuff def had diff versions/mix or extended......So Snood interest Piqued enough.........if Bluray has anything Hi Res Stereo or 5.1 then it a fosho :smokin

Read in September they also releasing The Singles 45 box set of the 20 singles - so some thought has gone into this, altho info on the net is scarce. :rolleyes:

Amazon please don't make Snoooood cancel :howl

As much as I love music in Surround, I really hope the CDs contain the original Mono mixes for all the singles. On The Soft Parade, Touch Me is a Pop song. The single Mono mix makes it become a Rock song. Simply more powerful. This is just one example. I hope the band's management gets this one right.

As much as I love music in Surround, I really hope the CDs contain the original Mono mixes for all the singles. On The Soft Parade, Touch Me is a Pop song. The single Mono mix makes it become a Rock song. Simply more powerful. This is just one example. I hope the band's management gets this one right.

Ban this heretic!

(joking)

No idea what's on the Blu-Ray yet, but the Doors have always been big supporters of surround sound audio, so hope springs eternal! :)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07377SQTZ/

Agree this is a 5.1 possibility. Bruce Botnick has been quiet for a bit , so hoping they're in surround and YES he does indeed support surround as per his many DOORS projects .

Still hoping he tackes "Absolutely Live " for surround soon . He has mentioned in the past that it's on his "to do list ". (y)

Potential Buzzkill: The reality is The Doors catalog has been mined and exploited "9 ways to Sunday" and somebody at the label figured out another way to package existing assets and got management to sign off. The Surround aspect is secondary at best. Approach with lower expectations to match; *maybe* we get a pleasant surprise.

Potential Buzzkill: The reality is The Doors catalog has been mined and exploited "9 ways to Sunday" and somebody at the label figured out another way to package existing assets and got management to sign off. The Surround aspect is secondary at best. Approach with lower expectations to match; *maybe* we get a pleasant surprise.

I am glad that someone said this. I have the DVD-Audio box set (all disks unplayed) and the AF Quad 'Best of' SACD (as well as the Quadradisc LP), and I am not even a Doors fan so how much more do I really need? Sadly, this is likely the product of estates and heirs (or whoever owns the music these days), with little or no creative input from the surviving members ... and this kind of thing is likely to happen more and more, as aging rock stars leave us. We should only expect disappointment as this becomes a trend, and estates squeeze out more and more.

Direct from Amazon:

Editorial Reviews

This collection spotlights every single, and B-side, the band released, all gathered together for the first time. This 2CD/1Blu-ray release also includes four “Mono Radio Versions” of some of the band’s biggest hits, such as “Hello, I Love You” and “Touch Me,” which have never been made available anywhere after being sent to radio around their original release. It also includes high-resolution quadrophonic mixes of the 1973 compilation The Best Of The Doors on Blu-ray for the first time.

Instant buy!
I already have the Audio Fidelity Multichannel SACD, but since Blu-Ray is a much more versatile format, it's always my top format of choice.
(Heck it should be if it's part of my user name, right?) ;)

Plus, what also excites me about this release is that it shows that Warner Music (and all various labels underneath it) are still showing signs of life when it comes to reissuing Quadraphonic mixes, especially after last year's stellar Chicago Quadio box set.

So maybe with the right artists on board, more releases like this will continue to happen, and it may lead to other great releases too, like my dream of a Doobie Brothers Quadio box set!

Hope Springs Eternal!

:)

Glad to be wrong! Easy to be jaded these days. Wonder if the same transfer as AF unless another crew was given cold room access to the master...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously considering getting this even with the SACD as well. Wouldn't be surprised if they did their own transfer of the original quad tapes.

The lesson, once again, that if a band is interested, not at war with itself, and thinks there's a market, nearly anything is possible regarding surround (witness what's happened with The Doors, Crimson, Yes, Gentle Giant, Chicago, etc). On the other hand, if a band isn't interested, it won't happen no matter how much we want it.

Excellent news! I love the AF release but much like rtbluray I too prefer bluray over any other format. Does anyone have the full information on what's on the bluray? Is it what's on the cds plus the "Mono Radio Versions” along with the quadraphonic best of?

Fifty years ago was my first summer as a teen, and I well remember Light My Fire taking over the airwaves.

Interestingly, The Doors were one of the first bands I thought of as "album" rather than "singles" artists.
You wanted to hear the long version of LMF, not the AM radio edit.

Instant buy! .....Plus, what also excites me about this release is that it shows that Warner Music (and all various labels underneath it) are still showing signs of life when it comes to reissuing Quadraphonic mixes, especially after last year's stellar Chicago Quadio box set.....

This, to me, is the most important aspect of this box set. Really, if it came out without the Quad "Best of", would anyone (other than us) have noticed? For a street price of about $25, those that would be the target market of a singles box would probably still buy the box and not even blink.

So the fact that they "threw in" the Quad Best of on BluRay is frankly astounding. I suppose it really does show that WB, and maybe it's only our "ForagingRhino" over there, still have the quad masters in their thought process.

This is good.

The fact that it's from a group that has already been released in surround many times over in all available formats is the only thing that brings this down a few notches. Still, for $25, it's a go! In fact, it's cheaper than the AF SACD was at list, and AFAIK, that disc is out of print and very expensive to track down.

Back