Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Giving Fleetwood Mac's Tusk spin no. 3 right now since picking it up when it came out. Thinking somewhat better of it now for some reason... The mix, that is...

Nice just got home from a busy visiting day so all listening in the car today and was listening to Tusk and Mirage today as those sound great in the car, great summertime 5.1 music to have.

Nice just got home from a busy visiting day so all listening in the car today and was listening to Tusk and Mirage today as those sound great in the car, great summertime 5.1 music to have.

I do like the mixes quite a bit on this album, and I'm finding that I appreciate it more as an album than I did before. I think it's a fairly important chapter in their catalogue.

JMK jmk_intro_gfx_final-1.jpg If anybody needs this I somehow received an extra copy. I've seen this bluray posted before but the search engine comes up with nothing.

Gabriel Fauré (1845–1924)

The Music for Cello & Piano (BIS SACD)

Andreas Brantelid (cello)
Bengt Forsberg (piano)

Beautiful selection of works by this French composer, whose gentle, melancholy style wonderfully suits the cello & piano. Warmly recommended for any fans of the dreamy, intimate world of Debussy & Ravel wanting to explore a little more. Natural, ambient recording.

More classical :violin What can I say... I love this stuff, especially when it's so superbly recorded in immersive wrap-a-round sound by the folks at 2L. Excellent performances of this chamber music.

Joseph Haydn (1732–1809): String Quartet in G major, Op. 77 no. 1
Arne Nordheim (1931–2010): Duplex for violin and viola
Béla Bartók (1881–1945): String Quartet No. 5, Sz. 102

Engegård Quartet (2L SACD)

Gerry Rafferty-Can I Have My Money Back ? DVDA

the Humble bums with Billy Connolly. I like some of these tunes, the surround could be better, but it is what it is.

20170811_190438.jpg

Jasmine Nightdreams - Edgar Winter (DTS)

this takes me to my happy place :)
(especially the last 3 instrumental tracks that segue into one long Quad workout === still one of the most sensational surround things I've ever heard)

Gerry Rafferty-Can I Have My Money Back ? DVDA

the Humble bums with Billy Connolly. I like some of these tunes, the surround could be better, but it is what it is.

View attachment 30390

IMO, this Silverline DVD~A 5.1 title sounds better [actually, superb] in DVD~A Stereo! One of those fake surround Silverline jobs. At least it's 96/24 hi res! Nice album.

Opeth - Pale Communion :smokin

With the out-of-phase problems fixed this album (along with Mando Diao's Aelita) has become the modern 5.1 mix that I've found myself returning to most often. It's a real shame Steven Wilson hasn't continued his mixing/remixing association with Opeth.

With the out-of-phase problems fixed this album (along with Mando Diao's Aelita) has become the modern 5.1 mix that I've found myself returning to most often. It's a real shame Steven Wilson hasn't continued his mixing/remixing association with Opeth.

Yep, my copy is head to toe legit. Found the disc at Best Buy in store, which really surprised me, found out I had the faulty first edition and sent off for the 'corrected' version. Ended up ripping that one to flac and flipped the LFE in Audacity. Boom! Sounds amazing. :D

Back