The recent and upcoming gigs thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I realize I have failed to keep the forum up-to-date with all of my concert activities since mid-June.
This needs to be rectified immediately as I have been to 5 awesome shows since that time! (All shows were in Nashville)

Saturday July 22nd was Moody Blues performing "Days of Future Passed" at the Ryman Auditorium. First half was nothing really unique (but then again I have been to 7 MB shows in total so that's to be expected, lol) but they really did a fantastic job replicating "Days of Future Passed" for the second half. Justin Hayward & John Lodge traded vocal duties for the songs originally sung by Ray Thomas & Mike Pinder.

Wednesday August 2nd was Queen + Adam Lambert at Bridgestone Arena. I'm not the biggest fan of Adam Lambert, but for most of the show, he fit right in and did not upstage Brian May & Roger Taylor. There were a few moments in the middle that were pretty camp, but highlights included a blistering version of "Stone Cold Crazy", "I'm In Love With My Car" (sung by Roger Taylor), "Get Down, Make Love", and Adam's stirring performance of "Who Wants to Live Forever".

A week later I was back at Bridgestone Arena on Sunday August 13th for Roger Waters. I would not say that this current tour ("US + THEM") is any better than "The Wall" was, but I was almost moved to tears by the incredible performance of "Welcome to the Machine". That in itself was worth the price of admission! Other highlights included "Dogs", "One of these Days", and "Us and Them".

The following Sunday August 20th was Donald Fagen & the Nightflyers at the Schermerhorn Symphony Center. This was not a particularly memorable concert, but Mr. Fagen and his band of younger cohorts did a great job playing tracks from Fagen's first two solo records along with a whole lot of classic Steely Dan.

Finally, last night's show at Ascend Amphitheater might be the winner for my favorite show this year. It was Depeche Mode. It was my first time going to a concert of the synth-crazed Brits, but it was definitely one for the memory books! Some of their newest songs worked just as well in the set as their older classics, and I was getting serious chills as they played "In Your Room" from "Songs of Faith & Devotion". Other highlights included "Walking in My Shoes", "Never Let Me Down Again", "Enjoy the Silence", "World In My Eyes", and an amazing rendition of "Heroes" by David Bowie during the encore.

If you're in the Western part of the US or Canada, make sure to catch Depeche Mode over the next month before you miss out on a most incredible show!

:)

I have 2 tickets for Steven Wilson May 2 at Vic Theatre Chicago, ILLINOIS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought both nights in Chicago since I don't know how my schedule work out. Bought Portland too. Expecting a second leg later.

I bought both nights in Chicago since I don't know how my schedule work out. Bought Portland too. Expecting a second leg later.

Cool, maybe I'll see you there. I chose 3rd row in first section of mezanine as my wife is super short and I feared if I took floor, she couldn't see.

Taj Mo' - Taj Mahal & Keb' Mo' Sept. 12th Pabst Theater Milwaukee, WI
Henry & Kevin were great, so was their band. Most songs were performed with both of them.

Maren Morris Oct. 6th - The Rave (Eagles Ballroom) Milwaukee, WI
Had seen Maren last year at the Bradley Center in Milwaukee.
We're supposed to have a meet & greet before show.

IMG_0475.jpg
This one is for you Quad Linda. I saw Firefall a few weeks ago. They played a few Spirit songs. The band still sounds great!

The wife and I are going to see the Silicon Valley Symphony perform Beethoven's 7th today!

And a best bud and I are going to see Megadeth in Oakland on Wednesday!

All for $28, thanks to vettix.org. If you are a fellow US veteran, you can use this code to register http://www.VetTix.org/ref/457192

You only ever cover a small handling fee for tickets you claim. Pro, college and amateur sports, pro concerts, dinner discounts and stuff like that. :banana:(y):yikes

(I'm not affiliated with vettix.org - just a thankful member)

The wife and I are going to see the Silicon Valley Symphony perform Beethoven's 7th today!

And a best bud and I are going to see Megadeth in Oakland on Wednesday!

All for $28, thanks to vettix.org. If you are a fellow US veteran, you can use this code to register http://www.VetTix.org/ref/457192

You only ever cover a small handling fee for tickets you claim. Pro, college and amateur sports, pro concerts, dinner discounts and stuff like that. :banana:(y):yikes

(I'm not affiliated with vettix.org - just a thankful member)

Nice! You know, I've always felt that classical music is the original metal.

Tears for Fears Royal Albert Hall[emoji106][emoji106]

Back