INXS - "Kick" (30th anniversary edition with Dolby Atmos mix coming soon!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am excited for this release but would have rather seen a Bob Clearmountain 5.1 mix.
He was responsible for the original release and proved himself 5.1 worthy with Avalon, Legend, and even Reckless.

Totally agree, Bob C. is one of my favorite's period both for 5.1 work as well as his work in stereo.

I've seen a pre-order in the UK at £22.99 for it, so it should be arriving on reputable websites soon.

To echo previous sentiments, I’d be a LOT more excited for this had it been Clearmountain. Of course I’m gonna get it, love the album, but I really hope it’s not over compressed and timid like I found Peppers to be.

Well while waiting for this dug out the Dvd comp,"INXS - I'm Only Looking: The Best Of (2 Discs)".
Six of the songs from Kick are on this comp.
I can't really recommend this Dvd comp as it only ok as it's really only a 4.0 and mostly stereo as not much stuff happening in rear speakers.
It is good though if you want to check out the videos and they did include a couple of hours of music.

Do you guys think a single Blu-ray disc will be released eventually? I don't need all the extras.

Do you guys think a single Blu-ray disc will be released eventually? I don't need all the extras.

No...its not a bloated box set....no vinyl or marbles or junk included.... and the book is built into the design and the price is reasonable....if you are interested... I would find the lowest pre-order price and order it ahead of the release date...

I mean are they only making 5,000 copies, like an audio Fidelity release?

In other words, is there any reason not to wait until the price comes down later?

Amazon UK pre-order: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B075MZ1892

Comes in at around AUD44 after VAT removed and shipping to AU (Local price at JB Hi Fi is AUD59)

Thanks for the link HomerJAU

Just preordered from amazon UK

Total price including shipping to USA - $34.25 USD

Not bad!!!

:cool:

Local price now at Amazon USA - $44.98 plus tax. You can clearly see that HomerJAU save me some money. :):):)

Regards,

I mean are they only making 5,000 copies, like an audio Fidelity release?

In other words, is there any reason not to wait until the price comes down later?

I'm not so sure I understand...the price isn't going to come down for quite some time...right now you can get it from amazon uk for $34.25 delivered...what kind of price are you looking for?

Preorder placed for it from amazon.uk.
Question, is this something new from amazon.uk that they add import fees on each order?
What happens if there is no import fee once delivered, do you get that amount back.
I have done at least 100 orders from amazon.uk over the years don't remember them ever doing this on any of the older orders.

Back