What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two boxes arrived in the mail today. What to listen to first? Decisions, decisions.....

Bruford.jpg

My D-V package from across the pond finally arrived!

• Boulez Conducts Stravinsky
  • Bernstein Conducts Haydn
  • Levine Conducts Mahler

I'm going to pop these into the Oppo, stand in the center of my living room (until the kid comes home from school, that is), and do a little "air" conducting, myself.

3 new Quads incoming from Dutton Vocalion;

Pierre Boulez Conducts Stravinsky : Petrushka & Pulcinella Suite (Hybrid MultiCh SACD),
Lost Horizon - The Classic Film Scores Of Dimitri Tiomkin (Hybrid MultiCh SACD),
Mass In Time Of War - Bernstein Conducts Haydn (Hybrid MultiCh SACD)

zQ090ar.jpg

M[asanori] Sasaji & L.A. Allstars (studio band led by Jerry Hey, with Pete Christlieb, Peter Erskine, and others), Afro Blue (Sony Music Entertainment Japan XSCL 10005, 2002). Hybrid Multi-Channel SACD. The 5.1 layer is ambient-rears only, but it's more than just garden-variety ambiance, to my ears. More like front-row jazz club (the session was recorded live with an audience at Capitol Studio), with lots of separation & placement across the center and fronts. Compared to the RBCD, it's much more lively, crisp, and detailed. Great modern big band arrangements by pianist Sasanori of tunes by Coltrane, Ellington, Strayhorn, Gershwin, and others--including Becker & Fagen. I'm diggin' it! (And thanks again for the EBay tip, djstephan!)

556.jpg

Arrived today 5.1 SACD of Herbie Hancock's "Gershwin's World" - my late father loved Gershwin's songs and it rubbed off on me.

Arrived today 5.1 SACD of Herbie Hancock's "Gershwin's World" - my late father loved Gershwin's songs and it rubbed off on me.

IMO, A GREAT album and the discrete mix is lovely.

Still available in the states from ImportCD at a great price http://www.importcds.com/herbie-hancock-hancock-herbie-gershwins-world/602498610060 [scroll down and just look at the list of performers on this album: Joni Mitchell, Stevie Wonder, Stanley Clarke, Chick Corea, etc. etc.]

Certainly one of the better Verve/UMG early multichannel SACDs.

Just turned up from Hungary (thanks Adam for mentioning their Sale :upthumb [my wallet is crying in the background! :ugham:]). Djabe are a great band and the surround mixes of the other two I have are good.

20 Dimensions DVD Audio+DVD Video
Slices of life DVD Audio
Sheafs are dancing DVD Audio[:]
Update 5.1 DVD Audio
Forward DVD Audio
Witchi Tai To 2014 edition DVD Audio
Down and Up DVD Audio
Live in blue (with Steve Hackett) Blu-ray

...and they gave me a gift of Down & Up, Live In Budapest DVD-V 5.1 DTS :banana:

My D-V package from across the pond finally arrived!

• Boulez Conducts Stravinsky
  • Bernstein Conducts Haydn
  • Levine Conducts Mahler

I'm going to pop these into the Oppo, stand in the center of my living room (until the kid comes home from school, that is), and do a little "air" conducting, myself.

Yes! much better than an air guitar(y)

[video=youtube;KzjC2WEF6f0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzjC2WEF6f0[/video]

Some real rarity here:
Boz Scaggs - Dig [CD+DVD-A] Got it used in VG condition for 11$ shipped!:banana: I feel lucky.:smokin
Metallica - Black Album [DVD-A] Mint for 37$ shipped, not bad at all I think.:)

boz_met.jpg

Yeah, I think so.)) Bought it on ebay from Hong Kong seller.[/QUOTE]

I hope you got the "real deal"...I stay away from sellers in Russia...China...Korea..and Hong Kong on EBAY...lots of fakes and worse yet is their attempts to gain information about your identity...which they in turn sell to hackers....I do a lot of business on Ebay and if you stick with the reputable sellers it's the best place to buy Out Of Print titles...discogs is good too but you get a limited pool of items...

It's the real deal.) I'm on ebay since 2008 and I know how to buy things.:upthumb More than 60 deals and none of the fake one. But thanks for advise, Clint! Discogs is a good place too, bought many disc's there.(y)

It's the real deal.) I'm on ebay since 2008 and I know how to buy things.:upthumb More than 60 deals and none of the fake one. But thanks for advise, Clint! Discogs is a good place too, bought many disc's there.(y)

I'm glad you are prepared:)..I thought I was too and my account got hacked and there was an attempt to divert the sales money to another paypal account(not mine)...but I stopped it and didn't lose anything...the easy part is to tell when discs are fake...but the harder and less obvious activity is provided these "questionable" sellers with the thing they want most...as much information about you as they can get...during the course of a normal sale on Ebay you give them your name and address and your paypal email during the transaction..in the hands of an experienced hacker that is all they need...when you see some of these deals that look to good to be true...they are the one's that will gladly sacrifice a price break on a product to get your information....although this doesn't pertain to you I wanted to explain it in detail for other people that might be reading this post..

Thanks for the warning, Clint. And I mean it. I'll be more careful from now on :ebay

M[asanori] Sasaji & L.A. Allstars (studio band led by Jerry Hey, with Pete Christlieb, Peter Erskine, and others), Afro Blue (Sony Music Entertainment Japan XSCL 10005, 2002). Hybrid Multi-Channel SACD. The 5.1 layer is ambient-rears only, but it's more than just garden-variety ambiance, to my ears. More like front-row jazz club (the session was recorded live with an audience at Capitol Studio), with lots of separation & placement across the center and fronts. Compared to the RBCD, it's much more lively, crisp, and detailed. Great modern big band arrangements by pianist Sasanori of tunes by Coltrane, Ellington, Strayhorn, Gershwin, and others--including Becker & Fagen. I'm diggin' it! (And thanks again for the EBay tip, djstephan!)

556.jpg
My copy arrived today, from CDJapan, looking forward to a listen.

Back