ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered both of them too...plenty of time to listen and evaluate...

I also added XTC's Black Sea [BD~A] for $16 which I thought I had pre~ordered [but didn't].

I was going to order Rush: A Farewell to Kings but looking over the contents of the boxset........OVERKILL, especially if you ONLY want the 5.1 SW remix. A custom turntable mat........:yikes

I also added XTC's Black Sea [BD~A] for $16 which I thought I had pre~ordered [but didn't].

I was going to order Rush: A Farewell to Kings but looking over the contents of the boxset........OVERKILL, especially if you ONLY want the 5.1 SW remix. A custom turntable mat........:yikes

Ralphie...you miss the point...it's all about that RING...cheese..I mean some of these 3rd world dictators would love to have something that nice:ugham:...did you see any titles that you liked in my post in the Sales thread...

Apparently when I went to bed last night, I was still thinking about the damn crackly sounding Rush albums that I got with the deluxe box. I had a lengthy dream (seemed lengthy anyway) about lint that kept attaching itself to needle of my cartridge. No matter how many times I cleaned the album, cleaned the stylus, after 2 revolutions of the album....the stylus would have lint dragging on it.

In my dream, it turned out that the lint was coming from inside the tonearm......it just kept coming like some alien. :yikes
What a nightmare....glad that wasn't true. :mad:@:

Apparently when I went to bed last night, I was still thinking about the damn crackly sounding Rush albums that I got with the deluxe box. I had a lengthy dream (seemed lengthy anyway) about lint that kept attaching itself to needle of my cartridge. No matter how many times I cleaned the album, cleaned the stylus, after 2 revolutions of the album....the stylus would have lint dragging on it.

In my dream, it turned out that the lint was coming from inside the tonearm......it just kept coming like some alien. :yikes
What a nightmare....glad that wasn't true. :mad:@:

Oh boy:couch

I have just finished ripping (flac) an old Christmas album I've had forever.

The Royal Guardsmen - Snoopy & His Friends.
It's from 1967, and I bet many of you had this when you were youngsters. It sure does bring back good memories. If anyone would like to hear a "sample" of this, just shoot me a PM and I'll see what I can do. ;) I tried my best to get rid of the troublesome clicks and I did a pretty good job.

I dare you to say you don't think this is absolutely killer..

All Them Witches...

[video=youtube;W66td1l_ISQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W66td1l_ISQ[/video]

Around Christmas it seems like every yerar the local PBS TV station airs the Carpenters special...and tonight it was on again...I've seen it several times...but if you haven't ...it's well worth watching to hear the music....IMO..Karen had one of the greatest voices of all time...and their songs always provoke emotions on my part....and Karen's story is so sad...her early death...and I've purchased both of the Carpenters hi rez titles...the singles 1969-1981.... which is a surround disc...and is excellent...and the SHM-SACD 1969-1973...which is also excellent....the surround version is very expensive now...usually over $100...but the SHM-SACD has actually gone done in price..as it was re-issued with different packaging and is very reasonable now...I noticed this evening that importCDs has it HERE...and they are selling on Ebay too....right here...when you consider shipping...that's the same price(or even cheaper depending on shipping from Japan)if you purchased it from cdjapan....

If you like beautiful vocals...I recommend these...

[video=youtube;__VQX2Xn7tI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__VQX2Xn7tI[/video]

Back