Alan Parsons confirmed the Eye In The Sky MCH mix!!!!! :) :)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I made this post in another thread...

For those that get sick of hearing about vinyl being included in these super-duper box sets...driving the prices up without reason.....on this set, I can agree so far. I dug out the vinyl, very heavy and nice. Extremely clean looking visibly. Run them through my vinyl cleaner, dusted them down. Cued them up......and....

CRACKLE, CRACKLE! WTF?? Really? If you are going to include vinyl, driving up prices for others who do not want them...at least make the vinyl a high quality pressing. Mine, at least, are not high quality. Fidelity of the vinyl is excellent, it's the out of box crackle that is horrible honestly. I have dozens of old vinyl that are much quieter than these brand new LP's.

Duh.....

Alternately, the 45rpm vinyls included in Eye In The Sky sound superior. :)

While I made this post in another thread...

For those that get sick of hearing about vinyl being included in these super-duper box sets...driving the prices up without reason.....on this set, I can agree so far. I dug out the vinyl, very heavy and nice. Extremely clean looking visibly. Run them through my vinyl cleaner, dusted them down. Cued them up......and....

CRACKLE, CRACKLE! WTF?? Really? If you are going to include vinyl, driving up prices for others who do not want them...at least make the vinyl a high quality pressing. Mine, at least, are not high quality. Fidelity of the vinyl is excellent, it's the out of box crackle that is horrible honestly. I have dozens of old vinyl that are much quieter than these brand new LP's.

Duh.....

Alternately, the 45rpm vinyls included in Eye In The Sky sound superior. :)

Figures..AP is a stickler for quality Control...heck , even my Arista TOAFC LP reissue from the early 80s sounds VERY good!

BTW..the MCH mix is REALLY AWESOOOOOOME!!!!!!so classy!!!!..hopefully , when I get back on my feet again moneywise it'll still be in print! (or a QQ member that has bought TWO sets can sell me one!)

I love this release, it's always a dream come true, when a favourite album gets the 5.1 treatment by an excellent mixer.

Sounds really great, mix, fidelty etc!

By mistake I ordered two copies, well, it's so good I just keep them :music

S05ZAlF.jpg

It arrived from amazon Italy late this afternoon, I found it leaned against the inside of one of the porch doors!

My Amazon Italy copy shipped on the 1st, got to Belgium on the 4th, now in the UK on the 13th (and it says it delivers tomorrow in Texas, I'm not counting on it).

My Amazon Italy copy shipped on the 1st, got to Belgium on the 4th, now in the UK on the 13th (and it says it delivers tomorrow in Texas, I'm not counting on it).

I had ordered something from Amazon Italy on November 30th and it arrived today....according to the markings on the package it was mailed from the UK......even though I ordered it from Italy

A great new video interview with Alan Parsons:
[video=youtube;qDzZwKJeyP4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDzZwKJeyP4&feature=share[/video]

:)

You and me both. I heard his estate is in Santa Barbara county. Though, I’m in Ventura county and it looks like many of the homes by me, up in Topanga Canyon. I never realized he was worth ‘that’ much money but investments must have paid off...LOL

I wonder where that video was pulled from? It seemed so short and showed an audience’s applause at the end. :mad:@:

I’m probably in the minority here and stated this before, but I never liked when Woolfson was chosen to sing on the final release cut of the song. I never felt it worked with the exception of a couple of tracks. One of them being “Time”. I don’t have this box set but from what I heard off this video, Eric’s voice wasn’t that bad on “Old & Wise”, either. But again, I would need to hear the track in its entirety to make a final judgement.

You and me both. I heard his estate is in Santa Barbara county. Though, I’m in Ventura county and it looks like many of the homes by me, up in Topanga Canyon. I never realized he was worth ‘that’ much money but investments must have paid off...LOL

I wonder where that video was pulled from? It seemed so short and showed an audience’s applause at the end. :mad:@:

If you live in Topanga and ever need Veterinary care, come down the hill and see me in Woodland Hills at VCA Parkwood... I’d love to meet a fellow Quadie!

If you live in Topanga and ever need Veterinary care, come down the hill and see me in Woodland Hills at VCA Parkwood... I’d love to meet a fellow Quadie!

LOL... I would love to live in Topanga but it’s out of the reach of my budget. I live in TO and work for the school district here on the maintenance department at one of the high schools. Plus, currently, I rent my small guest house. So, you can see my budget is on the low side. I told myself, no more pets. They are too expensive.

I’m probably in the minority here and stated this before, but I never liked when Woolfson was chosen to sing on the final release cut of the song. I never felt it worked with the exception of a couple of tracks. One of them being “Time”. I don’t have this box set but from what I heard off this video, Eric’s voice wasn’t that bad on “Old & Wise”, either. But again, I would need to hear the track in its entirety to make a final judgement.

Eric didn't sing "Old and Wise"; Colin Blunstone did.

Back