What Are You Waiting On? (Surround Only)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CD + DVD JULIETA VENEGAS LIMON Y SAL SEALED NEW

While living in Central America, I sampled a lot of the Hispanic-world music, and on a compilation of Soda Stereo covers, heard Venegas the first time. Loved her voice!

A member on this site said that the Argentinian-made version of this 5.1 was better than our domestic, so, okay! Been well over a month now, but hey, it's from Argentina over the holidays . . . I'll wait :chill

Yes, the Argentinian version is a normal CD and a DVDV with the mix in DD MCH and "making of" videos, which I prefer to Dual Discs...

The DD is quite good quality for being lossy...!!!

And the music is superb!

Herbie Hancock: Maiden Voyage Japan ONLY BD~A release 192/24. CD Japan had only one left and with the 300 bonus points they gave me [soon to expire] I purchased it for under $10 delivered. :banana:

BTW, I cannot believe how extraordinary these Japanese produced BD~As sound. I have several and they sound like you're actually in the room with the musicians. It's a shame they didn't produce more.

Herbie Hancock: Maiden Voyage Japan ONLY BD~A release 192/24. CD Japan had only one left and with the 300 bonus points they gave me [soon to expire] I purchased it for under $10 delivered. :banana:

BTW, I cannot believe how extraordinary these Japanese produced BD~As sound. I have several and they sound like you're actually in the room with the musicians. It's a shame they didn't produce more.

I understand why you purchased that partly to use your bonus points...BUT...for those that don't have bonus points and would like Maiden Voyage in blu ray audio with another album included for a little more money...amazon UK has that item which is $21 delivered to the US...the other album is Hancocks 4th album... Empyrean Isles ...which is mastered by Bernie Grundman...this item is available at importcds and deepdiscount as well as both amazons(US & UK)...here is the cheaper option in the UK here is the importcds option

I understand why you purchased that partly to use your bonus points...BUT...for those that don't have bonus points and would like Maiden Voyage in blu ray audio with another album included for a little more money...amazon UK has that item which is $21 delivered to the US...the other album is Hancocks 4th album... Empyrean Isles ...which is mastered by Bernie Grundman...this item is available at importcds and deepdiscount as well as both amazons(US & UK)...here is the cheaper option in the UK here is the importcds option

I DO have that two~fer BD~A, Clint, and you're right....it's a better deal but I was so enamored with the quality of the Japanese BD~As [IMO, they DO sound better than even the AP Stereo SACDs], I couldn't resist. For those who have neither Herbie Hancock 'classics,' take Clint's advice and buy the two~fer. GREAT deal! Besides, CDJapan is SOLD OUT on the BD~A of Maiden Voyage [I purchased the last one] and NO more will be produced.

I DO have that two~fer BD~A, Clint, and you're right....it's a better deal but I was so enamored with the quality of the Japanese BD~As [IMO, they DO sound better than even the AP Stereo SACDs], I couldn't resist. For those who have neither Herbie Hancock 'classics,' take Clint's advice and buy the two~fer. GREAT deal!

Maiden Voyage must be a big seller...the Japanese version you are talking about was from Blue Note...the blu ray I mentioned is from Universal...there have been SHM-SACD versions...and SACD versions...2 releases this year on CD and LP...I like the Japanese cover(y)

It will show up - Christmas time from overseas is unreal - Snood had a few packages from Amazon UK show up this week took more than a month due to delays. :mad:@:

Snood, guess what showed up today?
2 days after I ordered another copy from Importcds.

Oh well, at least I have the autographed postcard.
Will give the other one to a friend of mine for New Years.

Doubt Snood at your own peril! :slap:

Snood, guess what showed up today?
2 days after I ordered another copy from Importcds.

Oh well, at least I have the autographed postcard.
Will give the other one to a friend of mine for New Years.

Doubt Snood at your own peril! :slap:

:xp::banana:

Glad ya got it tho - it very very great :banana:

Ya might be able to cancel order at Import still :smokin

Slim Cessna's Auto Club - The Commandments According To SCAC DVD... great reviews in the forum and $13 (including delivery)... looking forward to hearing this one!

Marvin Gaye Collection DVD-A - ordered based on reviews here...curious how the older cuts fare separation-wise.

Tull- Stand Up

Clapton- Slowhand

Update- turns out both of these were sitting in the mailbox for a few hours :)

Last edited:
Doc Severinsen - Rhapsody For Now! SACD

A25053DD-C08F-47FD-9966-D9227FFCEC5F.jpeg

Back