Roxy Music - Roxy Music (1st album 1972) on 5.1 DVD mixed by Steven Wilson!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Considering what the final price was/is at other vendors...that would be crazy. Peter - did you get yours that cheap?? :yikes

I am shocked myself that the importcds order went through, so it was 63.32 plus $5 order price and 2 shipping, so 70.32 US.
I will believe it when I see it but i checked my credit card and it has been charged $90 canadian from importcds so that is for the roughly $70 US it cost so I would say I got it. Next is import fees which might or might not be added but its on its way.

I had this and the Jethro Tull-Heavy Horses in same order so Roxy is shipping and my order still shows Jethro Tull for future.

Last edited:
Amazon US $89.98 + tax. Ordered on 9 Dec. Held fast but honestly thought I would get a "Dear John letter". Received an e-mail my packaged shipped today!
Brian:banana:

Well..I haven't received a shipping notice from importcds yet...BUT...I have alerts set up on all my credit cards and get an email when charges are made...I just got a pending charge from importcds...so it appears that I'm joining Peter in the $70 club!...I wasn't really interested in this title but at this price point... I'm certainly going to listen to the surround disc and give it a shot...for those reading this post...and Peter's post... remember....it costs nothing to keep your order active...even though they usually get cancelled...there is always the slight chance your order will be processed...and when the price is this low in comparison with other outlets(currently $162 on amazon US)...there is nothing to lose...but certainly something to gain:)

I was SHOCKED when I got home yesterday to have a note on the door that I missed out on a delivery and it was for the Roxy boxset and I owe 25.38 for duties/taxes so now i have to figure out where i can pick it up from.
So my $70 US importcds is going to cost me $115 Canadian by time I actually get this in my hands.

Has anyone else ever had DHL deliver a importcds order as this means this got from Kentucky USA to my door in less than 24 hours, I have had downloads take longer than that to get me.
Usually my importcds orders take between 2-4 weeks to arrive, so why did they ship it express or are they hoping I decline and they get it back.
Waited far to long for this surround, it will be the most I have payed for what I really only want is the 5.1.

peter

No e-mail from amazon.ca yet, but it looks like they don't add UK tax as amazon.com in the US often does. So I now expect to pay 20% VAT on £85 (£70+£15 P&P) = £17 + around £12.50 tax gathering fee to the courier :mad:, so I reckon that will be £114.50, but still £15.49 cheaper than amazon.co.uk! We have to pay VAT on the total invoice cost so on P&P and any insurance (and if it is above £135 there is additional duty starting at 2.5% which you also pay VAT on, so tax on tax:yikes)

I was SHOCKED when I got home yesterday to have a note on the door that I missed out on a delivery and it was for the Roxy boxset and I owe 25.38 for duties/taxes so now i have to figure out where i can pick it up from.
So my $70 US importcds is going to cost me $115 Canadian by time I actually get this in my hands.

Has anyone else ever had DHL deliver a importcds order as this means this got from Kentucky USA to my door in less than 24 hours, I have had downloads take longer than that to get me.
Usually my importcds orders take between 2-4 weeks to arrive, so why did they ship it express or are they hoping I decline and they get it back.
Waited far to long for this surround, it will be the most I have payed for what I really only want is the 5.1.

peter

Sorry to hear that Peter....but the strange things keep happening on this release...if they honor my order..they can't really add taxes...I already paid them.....unless they deliver it in a Rolls Royce and they charge for that:yikes

No e-mail from amazon.ca yet, but it looks like they don't add UK tax as amazon.com in the US often does. So I now expect to pay 20% VAT on £85 (£70+£15 P&P) = £17 + around £12.50 tax gathering fee to the courier :mad:, so I reckon that will be £114.50, but still £15.49 cheaper than amazon.co.uk! We have to pay VAT on the total invoice cost so on P&P and any insurance (and if it is above £135 there is additional duty starting at 2.5% which you also pay VAT on, so tax on tax:yikes)

Yet another example of why I couldn't live in the UK...way too much math:xp:

The set I ordered directly from the Phil Manzanera website arrived today which was a very pleasant surprise. :) Unfortunately, despite all the packing someone seems to have driven a sharp pointed object through the packaging and the set. :mad: Thanks to the good folks at Burning Shed I managed to contact Phil direct and the replacement process is now in full swing. I would give 10 out of 10 to both Phil and Burning Shed for the way in which they have dealt with the problem and 0 out of 10 to the delivery company for the way in which they look after their customers goods.

This will probably be my last post today...I've decided to actually set up my new computer and new monitor that I purchased THREE WEEKS ago...geeze...I've been stalling long enough....and I have more strange things to add to this already strange release...my credit card "pending" charge from importcds is $66.31...instead of the price on my importcds account at their website....which is $70.29...here is the breakdown of costs...

$66.32-product
$ 2.99--shipping
$3.98--Tax

So the $66.31... which is presently on my credit card in the pending position... would be the item($63.32) plus shipping $2.99...and NO tax....and they always charge me tax because I live in Florida...so am I going to be charged some import fees?...which living in the US has never happened:confused:

Looks like it won't be my last post today...need to set up the computer tomorrow after important transactions are made...I managed to put it off again..

peter

I have. Sunday, 21 January I ordered Black Sabbath's Ten Year War box set from Amazon UK. Estimated arrival 24 -- 29 January. I have delivery text alerts enabled.
Monday, 22 January received a text from DHL. My package had left carrier facility at 12:35 p.m. from Dunstable, Central Bedfordshire GB. It passed through Heathrow, Cincinnati OH, Springdale AR, and arrived at my doorstop 2:41 p.m. Tuesday, 23 January.:yikes
Thankfully, someone was home to sign for delivery.

The set I ordered directly from the Phil Manzanera website arrived today which was a very pleasant surprise. :) Unfortunately, despite all the packing someone seems to have driven a sharp pointed object through the packaging and the set. :mad: Thanks to the good folks at Burning Shed I managed to contact Phil direct and the replacement process is now in full swing. I would give 10 out of 10 to both Phil and Burning Shed for the way in which they have dealt with the problem and 0 out of 10 to the delivery company for the way in which they look after their customers goods.

Hermes delivered mine today from Phil's shop, shipping box looked like it had been kicked round the depot but thankfully all contents intact .

Now I have to open the precious package and give it a listen

I got my shipping confirmation from importcds...it is listed as STANDARD shipping...and it matches my invoice in my account at importcds..with the exception of tax being charged...which doesn't appear anywhere... and a total of $66.31 on my credit card..it gets even harder to believe that I would only pay $66.31 for this title....I have a tracking number and I'll follow the progress of the shipment...but color me still skeptical about this total price...

peter

Looks like Canada is getting it before us losers in the US :mad:

Looks like Canada is getting it before us losers in the US :mad:

Hey no losers in the USA in my books, well maybe one guy,oops I shouldn't go there......

I am sure I have had a 1000+ orders over past 20 years of online shopping and this was the quickest one bar none, even when ordering something locally it took at least a couple of days to showup.

I think its time to check this baby out.

Believe it or not, my order has shipped from amazon. Should be here on Friday!
Total (with tax) was $98.30
Compared to the price it is at now, I'll take it!

:)

Scans from discogs.com:
R-11499177-1517419119-4161.jpeg.jpg

R-11499177-1517419998-7919.jpeg.jpg

:)

Well had my first listen, was the wait worth it after knowing of this for 6 years, absolutely, another SW treat for us of a classic album from the early 70's.
Won't go into to many specifics as there are people here that are way better than me at that.
Like all SW mix's he has spread everything out wonderfully,I am sure other things will stand out to me on next listens but the immediate thing that I knew was there but to me really stood out on first listen was Andy Mackay's saxaphone and oboe playing which in this 5.1 mix you hear all his stuff so clearly not just buried in the mix or maybe I just didn't pay attention to it years ago.
Otherwise everything is there in the songs, what a FUN ride listening to these 46 minutes, I would have loved to just repeat listen right away but will have to save the next listen for another day.

Back