DVD/DTS Poll Ritenour, Lee - 6 STRING THEORY [DTS 96-24/DD DVD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the Audio-DVD of Lee Ritenour - 6 STRING THEORY

• 6:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Fidelity, Poor Mix, Poor Content

• Total voters
Bought it purely because it was at the top of its poll, and, boyo, I'm really glad I did. Wonderful all around - musically, performance-wise, and surround. Excellent!

Snood has had luck contacting Monster directly. Here is information from a previous post of his within this thread:

The email confirmation I received links to www.monsterproducts.com and gives the following phone # and email for inquiries:

1-855-242-2266
[email protected]

As you have probably found out when its out of print prices skyrocket: https://www.amazon.com/Ritenours-St...id=1483971782&sr=1-2&keywords=6+string+theory

Best of luck :)

Geez, back in late April of 2016 I bought a sealed copy of Monster's 6 String Theory from Amazon for $8.99 delivered!

I agree with blue.monk's take. The music and mix are excellent, but the bass is way overdone, by about 10 dB to my ears. Cutting it with my receiver's tone control and sub adjustment makes it sound OK, but unfortunately that messes with the overall tonal balance too much. A personal remaster may be in the works :)

I'll give this an 8 overall. Cutting the bass with appropriate filtering will add two points.

This is a pretty cool collection of celebrated guitarists covering a wide range of styles. The mix is terrific and impressively active with the soloists spread out in the sound space. Since some tracks feature 3 or more guitarists I’m glad the booklet lists their placement (i.e. Lee panned left, Steve panned right, etc) although, frustratingly, the track sequence is out of order and 2 pieces are omitted. My only real beef with this disc is the EQ. Although at times the treble can be a bit bright (most annoyingly on hi-hat, harmonica) it’s the boosted bass that bothers me most. I find it out of balance and quite fatiguing at higher volumes. A shame, since it’s a very well recorded disc and has potential to be an absolute stunner sound wise. An 8 for me.

Hi all
I just received my amazon marketplace copy of 6 String Theory. Awesome album, especially in surround.
Everywhere the DTS tracks are listed as 24/96. However when I try to rip the surround tracks with DVD Audio Extractor, I can only see DTS 24/48.
Can someone confirm whether the DTS tracks are actually 24/96?
The stereo LPCM tracks do appear as 24/96.
Thanks a lot.

SOLVED: see here

Man.....I really really want this but no way I can pay $150. I just recently discovered both Lee Ritenour and Mike Stern and have Mike in Surround but not much else.
Today I've been listening to Lee and Mike at the Tokyo Blue Note (stereo) and it's still great.

I would, but you'd have to pry it from my cold dead hands:eek:

Bullshit, JP....a few gourmet puppy treats and you'd be putty in my hands

See the source image

I might part with mine someday. But not yet! I acquired mine in the $25-30 range, then Monster sold a few at like $6 a couple of weeks later! D'oh!!!

Monster Music is now 'experimenting' with BD~A releases and I really wonder if they'll reissue some of their classy 5.1 remixes in LOSSLESS BD~A and then re~forge their alliance with Concord Music and release some newbies. Wouldn't THAT be special?

Mine arrived from Australia today
Yes I paid a bit more than normal but I knew it would be worth it.
This is deff a new go to surround disc.
I have been searching for this for a long time...for a fair price!!

I'm smiling from ear to ear, nodding and grooving to this superb release,

It is utterly brilliant.
Just my type of music, expertly played, recorded and mixed.
One very happy chappy.

It will come as no surprise that this is awarded a 10+

At one time this was cheap it would show up on ebay for like $7. Thats about what I paid for mine. I wish I was smart enough to buy extras of these titles the way they escalate I could buy Pupsters 1963 Ferrri.

Back